• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Sport's Journal Article: "How'd The ACC Fare In The Director's Cup?"

HeltonCreek

Well dang!
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but saw this today. http://www.accsports.com/blogs/jim-young/2013062715707/howd-the-acc-fare-in-the-directors-cup.php

No. 8 UNC
No. 11 FSU
No. 12 Duke
No. 20 Virginia
No. 34 N.C. State
No. 36 Virginia Tech
No. 44 Maryland
No. 52 Clemson
No. 71 Miami
No. 74 Georgia Tech
No. 76 BC
No. 98 Wake Forest

Future ACC members:

No. 9 Notre Dame
No. 38 Louisville
No. 39 Syracuse
No. 109 Pitt

From the article: "Wow, Pitt … umm … wow. Good news for Wake, I suppose."

Yah, we would have only been 15th out of 16,
instead of dead last!

and wellman breathes a sigh of relief since wake has someone to compete with...

I would love to know Wellman's honest-to-god reaction to this. Sadly, we'll never hear it.

I would love to know Wellman's honest-to-god reaction to this. Sadly, we'll never hear it.
tumblr_lm9wv5PY241qclyfto1_500.gif

From the Wellman Performance Metrics thread...

The final 2013 Director's Cup standings are in...

It's official. With a ranking of 98, Wake Forest has set a record for the worst performance ever by an ACC school in the history of the competition.

Congratulations to Ron Wellman and Nathan Hatch, as well as the Board of Trustees and other enablers who are responsible for this new standard of "historical competitiveness" at LOWF.

stevie "i have those numbers you requested master"

[takes paper. skims quickly. his smile does not reach his eyes.]

wellman - "excuse me steve. i need to return a few phone calls."
stevie - "of course master." (slinks away licking his lips but looking sad a lonely as most other ad employees scuttle away from him)

[closes door. drops his head.deep sigh. three slow deep breaths.]

"you can do this ronnie." "i can't." "yes you can."

[head still hanging low. three more deep breaths.]

"you can do this ronnie." "yes, mother. i CAN do this."

[raises head and moves to his desk.almost tip toeing in his dark green pointed toe slippers]

[sits at his desk. chews pen.begins brain storm]

-- 40% ... "no ronnie. that won't work."
-- it's a process that... "you must find something new ronnie."
-- we will be historically... "aaarrgggg... my precious..."
[deep breath]

-- these results are not where we want them to be and they will improve. we have a lot to over come with the wake forest standards - hee hee hee- that we must adhere to. we will not compromise our values and integrity ... "with the truth teee heee heee" and we will be back to our historically competitive mediocr {scratches out}... nature and compete for championships in a variety of spor {scratch} endeavors. anyone who has built and sustained a winning program knows they {do not grow on trees... uh...grow over night... hmmm...{SCRATCH} are a process and we are working towards achieving the success we deserve "i will fine EVERY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY AND PENALIZE EVERYONE UNTIL WE HAVE A WINNING RECORD! THEY DON'T KNOW! NO ONE KNOWS! F U DV7!!!!!!!!"
[heavy breathing]
"STEVIE. Get me Jeff. I NEED HIM KNOW!"
"of course master" [Stevie scuttles off crablike, in search of bzz... his nemesis. the man that takes ronnie's attention away from him. "if only i could sabotage this somehow... but no... the master would be upset..."

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse, but saw this today. http://www.accsports.com/blogs/jim-young/2013062715707/howd-the-acc-fare-in-the-directors-cup.php

No. 8 UNC
No. 11 FSU
No. 12 Duke
No. 20 Virginia
No. 34 N.C. State
No. 36 Virginia Tech
No. 44 Maryland
No. 52 Clemson
No. 71 Miami
No. 74 Georgia Tech
No. 76 BC
No. 98 Wake Forest

Future ACC members:

No. 9 Notre Dame
No. 38 Louisville
No. 39 Syracuse
No. 109 Pitt

From the article: "Wow, Pitt … umm … wow. Good news for Wake, I suppose."

Amazing Louisville is not higher. Men;s BB winner, Women's BB finalist, Baseball college World Series, men's soccer great year, Football BCS.

Can someone explain how Pitt is so low? 1st round tourney in basketball and made a bowl in football this past season. Are they that bad in other sports?

This needs to be the material for the next billboard cause it tells the real story about all Wake sports

They have more than Wake, including swimming/diving and even wrestling.

Amazing Louisville is not higher. Men;s BB winner, Women's BB finalist, Baseball college World Series, men's soccer great year, Football BCS.

Finishing 20th in 10 sports is more valuable then top 5 in 5. Or something like that. So its pretty easy to figure out.

Yeah, this definitely needs to be the next billboard. We need to say, "98th in Director's Cup, worst finish ever by ACC school, fire Ron Wellman" in as few words as possible to make it fit on a billboard.

Yeah, this definitely needs to be the next billboard. We need to say, "98th in Director's Cup, worst finish ever by ACC school, fire Ron Wellman" in as few words as possible to make it fit on a billboard.

SailorDeac on TOB, made the following suggestion...
"Each summer we will award a tin cup with a hole in the bottom, called the Wellman Cup, to the school that finishes last in the ACC in the Directors' Cup ranking. The cup will have "Wellman Cup" engraved near the top and the name of the AD of the school that "wins" it each year engraved appropriately near the bottom. And of course the AD will get a congratulatory letter, which is suitable for framing and prominent display, and explains the significance of the achievement. Who's in?"

SonofDeac seconded the motion as below...
"I think it is a great idea. I think someone should do this for real. Come up with an organization of some sort and present the trophy to an ACC school each year. Unfortunately, that "trophy" would stay at Wake as long as the namesake remains at Wake. I suppose that is appropriate."

Perhaps OGBoards could be the organization that sponsor's the "Wellman Cup"?

Back