• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Price is Wrong

DeaconWalker

Reaction score
Am I the only person that has just never been all that impressed with Tanner Price? I don't know what it is, he didn't play all that bad last season, I just haven't liked him and have never liked his play style and he has never really inspired me to believe in him or the offense in his time at Wake.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

happy.jpg

Your coaching staff really hasn't given him a chance to fulfill his potential due to the playcalling IMO. He has some flaws but the coaching staff hasn't done a great job of allowing him to succeed. And the OL's have been piss poor for most of his time at WF.

No, I've said this since day one, but just haven't harped on it. He hasn't led us to a winning season in three years (I said I doubted he'd ever do it) and it's a good bet he won't do it this year. He's alright, but he's got many weaknesses I'd rather not discuss.

well price only needs another 3,000 yard season and 20 TD's to pass Skinner in those categories. so thats not too bad

I think also the tools that would have "The Price is Right" sign every game for his freshman and sophomore year that I was there for really annoyed me as well. (sorry if that is anyone on the boards)

Well the coaching staff has already stated that they're going to run him more this year so my guess, since TP's injury prone, is that we'll see one of the back-ups get some good reps.

He showed some signs but has never put it all together.

He played great the beginning of his sophomore year. State and FSU

His completion percentage is pretty high for a guy who is running for his life. He's seldom going to get to throw deeper until we have a reliable line. We were down to seven or eight linemen who had ever played the game midway into last season. Tanner is not the problem.

He has only one WR that can hold on to the ball after it hits him in the hands.

Am I the only person that has just never been all that impressed with Tanner Price? I don't know what it is, he didn't play all that bad last season, I just haven't liked him and have never liked his play style and he has never really inspired me to believe in him or the offense in his time at Wake.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

I think you are a douche. Let's see we had one wr who could catch until he got hurt last year and an of made of swiss cheese. The one year we do have two wr's that can catch and a slightly above dogshit ol look what happened 3000 20 6 not to bad.

He showed a tremendous ability to throw accurately in his first start against Duke. He has not improved since that game.

I think you are a douche. Let's see we had one wr who could catch until he got hurt last year and an of made of swiss cheese. The one year we do have two wr's that can catch and a slightly above dogshit ol look what happened 3000 20 6 not to bad.

Good Lord, did Mocksville Deac type that for you?

His deep throws are pretty good; but he lacks consistent touch on the short throws, especially to backs out of the backfield. However, the poor guy received very little protection last season and we had almost no running game to keep defenses off balance. Plus, as has been noted, his receivers not named Mike were less than dependable.

So it seems to me that it is really unfair to blame him for poor offensive production.

The OL, play calling, and WRs certainly do get a chunk of the blame, but not all of it. Price has to bear some of the responsibility. Last season saw him miss some wide open receivers pretty badly even when he got pretty good blocking.

He's fine, certainly as far as WF QBs go. Not his fault he plays for a program that is not fully committed to winning.

Reactions: BDL
Back