• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Howard Blog

do they play the national anthem to kick the camps off?

nice gesture from J-Ho

The Skip P. Scholarship is offered to student athletes who have not been offered athletic scholarships and who will attend an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States. The student athlete must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and demonstrate academic excellence, outstanding community service by supporting a youth program within their community, character, and leadership abilities to be eligible for this award.

Why focus on a scholarship in Skip Prosser's name when you can make national anthem jokes?

I'm excited for his appearance in Fast Seven. Great ambassador.

Devi, can you post a link to the scholarship info? Can't find it on the foundation's site. Thanks.

Devi, can you post a link to the scholarship info? Can't find it on the foundation's site. Thanks.

Seriously? Just Google the statement or click "In the Community" on the website. It's real easy to find.

http://www.joshhoward.com/?q=node/30

Here is the full list of scholarships. He doesn't deserve anywhere near the crap you people give him.

[h=3] Scholarships[/h] The Helen Howard Scholarship
The Helen Howard Scholarship assists high school seniors who are being raised by their grandparent(s). Students must meet criteria, complete a scholarship application, and answer specific questions in essay form.

Scholarships will be awarded per semester based on available funding. The Helen Howard Scholarship is not awarded directly to students. Scholarships are awarded to the student via the college or university to which the student has been accepted.

D.A.S.H (Daring Anyone to Strive Harder) Scholarship
The D.A.S.H Scholarship assists high school seniors who are being raised in single parent households. Students must meet criteria, complete a scholarship application, submit supporting documentation, and answer specific questions in essay form.

Scholarships will be awarded per semester based on available funding. The D.A.S.H Scholarship is not awarded directly to students. Scholarships are awarded to the student via the college or university to which the student has been accepted.
The Skip P. Scholarship
The Skip P. Scholarship is offered to student athletes who have not been offered athletic scholarships and who will attend an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States. The student athlete must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and demonstrate academic excellence, outstanding community service by supporting a youth program within their community, character, and leadership abilities to be eligible for this award.

Scholarships will be awarded per semester based on available funding. The Skip P. Scholarship is not awarded directly to students. Scholarships are awarded to the student via the college or university to which the student has been accepted.
Students applying for the Skip P. Scholarship must meet selection criteria, complete an application, and submit supporting documents. In addition, each student must write an essay describing his/her financial situation and how this award would assist him or her.

Sorry to disappoint you, Professor. Phone browsers are a bitch sometimes.

are you new to message boards or something?

No, but the Josh Howard jokes have gotten a little old over time.

Guy was a fantastic player for us. What's more is that anyone who's ever met him knows what a genuinely nice and good guy he is. He's done a lot for the community since he turned pro.

Yet, he continues to get criticized for stupid shit. He was right about the Iraq war, he made a joke about the national anthem (one that I thought was funny), and he smokes weed (something that should be legal).

We get it. That stuff has been made fun of and commented on ad nausem. Any joke made about it now is lame and stupid. Unless you think being the thousandth person to repeat the same joke makes you funny.

It would be nice to have one thread about J-Ho without that stuff being mentioned, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Ok. Rant over.

Guy was a fantastic player for us. What's more is that anyone who's ever met him knows what a genuinely nice and good guy he is. He's done a lot for the community since he turned pro.

Yet, he continues to get criticized for stupid shit. He was right about the Iraq war, he made a joke about the national anthem (one that I thought was funny), and he smokes weed (something that should be legal).

We get it. That stuff has been made fun of and commented on ad nausem. Any joke made about it now is lame and stupid. Unless you think being the thousandth person to repeat the same joke makes you funny.

It would be nice to have one thread about J-Ho without that stuff being mentioned, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Ok. Rant over.

Agree with all of this (well, except with the part about the national anthem thing being funny ... Just not a big deal).

Last edited:

Ok. Rant over.

well well well, lookie who woke up on a high horse this morning

Ok. Rant over.

Agree.

This just in - college kids sometimes say and do dumb things. Carry on.

Josh Howard is a great deacon and has done more for wake than any of us keyboard jockeys. Period.

Josh Howard is one of my all time favorite Deacs. I find it absolutely hilarious that he gets made fun of and bashed when he had 10 times the heart of some guys that get the Teflon treatment.

Josh Howard wasn't a college kid when all those "jokes" happened. If you don't want jokes made, perhaps he should stop giving reasons for jokes to be made.

FYI: Tolly Carr on the voiceover work on that video.

Watching Josh grow as a player during his time a Wake was incredible. His senior season the Joel was rocking, he was EVERYWHERE . A buddy of mine kept asking "Is that a 5 or an S on his chest". He was the first player since David Thompson ('75) to win the ACC player of the year unanimously. Injuries shortened a solid NBA career. Glad to see he is continuing to do good work.

Back