• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

West Forsyth 10 year reunion called off by Chris Paul?

Bones McKinney

Reaction score
It is surprising to not find this on the Jay Leno show like it was when all the notoriety came about for Chris Paul in March. He got a lot of credit for planning his 10 year West Forsyth High School reunion. And paying for it. Is it because he is now going to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers and is moving permanently out to LA? Will he fly his West Forsyth High School class out to LA for a reunion to celebrate his new contract? They could probably have a reunion without Chris but it just would not be the same without the senior class president who is also a first team all star in the NBA. One has to wonder if he will continue to come back for his September Chris Paul weekends every year. Methinks the answer to that is yes. A man has to bowl doesn't he.

There is a great deal about this post I don't understand.

It is surprising to not find this on the Jay Leno show like it was when all the notoriety came about for Chris Paul in March. He got a lot of credit for planning his 10 year West Forsyth High School reunion. And paying for it. Is it because he is now going to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers and is moving permanently out to LA? Will he fly his West Forsyth High School class out to LA for a reunion to celebrate his new contract? They could probably have a reunion without Chris but it just would not be the same without the senior class president who is also a first team all star in the NBA. One has to wonder if he will continue to come back for his September Chris Paul weekends every year. Methinks the answer to that is yes. A man has to bowl doesn't he.

I want you to post more about this. I think you have something to say that I may find amaaaaazing, I just don't understand what is happening in this post. But I want to.

I want you to post more about this. I think you have something to say that I may find amaaaaazing, I just don't understand what is happening in this post. But I want to.

What it means is that West Forsyth Class of 2003 have gotten letters that say their 10 year reunion has been called off suddenly. It was supposed to be held in August if what was reported in all the newspapers was correct. Plus what was shown on the Jay Leno Show back in the winter. Chris Paul went on national tv during the NBA season and Jay Leno asked him about his upcoming 10 year class reunion. He asked him about him doing all the planning of the said reunion. He asked Chris paul if he was indeed the class president of his high school class. Chris supposedly said he was and that with that honor came the duty of having to plan the classes 10 year high school class reunion. He had supposedly secured the place and was paying for everything. I guess he afford it no matter of a new contract or not. Now it seems as if maybe the class reunion has been called off. One would think that with his new Los Angeles Clipper deal his life is in an uproar but one would not think he would turn his back on his local high school and their first high school reunion.But with 5 years and $107 million one would think he could afford to do the reunion.

It's truly amazing that my high school class was able to plan and host a 10-year reunion without having Chris Paul - or any NBAer for that matter! - in our class. By the grace of God, obviously. My condolences to the West Forsyth Class of 2003 for being unable and unwilling to rent a space and send out invitations. That is laborious work, and no one except billionaires should be asked to carry out such an arduous task.

One has to wonder what one has going on in one's life for that same one not to have time for one's own ten year anniversary, even if that one is an NBA all-star.

It's truly amazing that my high school class was able to plan and host a 10-year reunion without having Chris Paul - or any NBAer for that matter! - in our class. By the grace of God, obviously. My condolences to the West Forsyth Class of 2003 for being unable and unwilling to rent a space and send out invitations. That is laborious work, and no one except billionaires should be asked to carry out such an arduous task.

Post of the year candidate. Posrep cometh.

I agree with this.

What it means is that West Forsyth Class of 2003 have gotten letters that say their 10 year reunion has been called off suddenly. It was supposed to be held in August if what was reported in all the newspapers was correct. Plus what was shown on the Jay Leno Show back in the winter. Chris Paul went on national tv during the NBA season and Jay Leno asked him about his upcoming 10 year class reunion. He asked him about him doing all the planning of the said reunion. He asked Chris paul if he was indeed the class president of his high school class. Chris supposedly said he was and that with that honor came the duty of having to plan the classes 10 year high school class reunion. He had supposedly secured the place and was paying for everything. I guess he afford it no matter of a new contract or not. Now it seems as if maybe the class reunion has been called off. One would think that with his new Los Angeles Clipper deal his life is in an uproar but one would not think he would turn his back on his local high school and their first high school reunion.But with 5 years and $107 million one would think he could afford to do the reunion.

I'm sure if you wrote CP3 a nice letter, he would reimburse you for the gastric band surgery you had to prepare for the reunion.

I'm sure if you wrote CP3 a nice letter, he would reimburse you for the gastric band surgery you had to prepare for the reunion.

I'll even write it for him.

Mr. Paul,

I suppose that you’ve received a flurry of these sorts of e-mails, but I figured there was no reason to keep my hat out of the ring. Your presence is the reason I came to this reunion, plain and simple.

One of my essays was about your assist record and watching NazT Deac cry his eyes out. Without knowing it, or perhaps fully knowing it, you have been an integral part of the lives of hundreds of thousands of people who you’ve never actually met. We watch you play, we come to Winston and hear you speak (though we never bring tape recorders, because we always do as you ask), and most of all, we admire you.

We admire you because you take kids from all over the country and you make them into a family that seems second only to your actual family in your life. We admire you because you taught us that five people together is a fist, while one person is just a finger. We admire you because you are just a shy insurance agent in the dark, looking for some heart. And you always find it.

Like most all teenage boys, I used to stand in my driveway for hours and shoot baskets while pretending that I played with you. Most of this time was spent concocting more scenarios in which I could win the national championship for you by making half courters, three pointers, steals followed by layups, or some combination thereof. I counted down to myself in my head, and if I missed the winning shot, the clock had stalled and I got a second chance. Around the tenth grade I discovered that no, I was not going to play with Mr. Paul.

And then I got to West Forsyth. And discovered that, yes, I am going to play with Mr. Paul. I am going to be his sixth man. We hear about it on TV, how the Forsythians are like a team member, and we think, sure. We’re a team member as soon as we get a jumper. But then we get to Forsyth, and we watch players from all over the country stare wide eyed at us as their jumpers start to clang off the back iron. We get to Forsyth and we hear you speaking, imploring us to be louder, try harder, to give 100%. We get to Forsyth and we realize you are our point guard. Not just the point guard of our team, but you are also our point guard, because you believe that we give you something no one else can and we know that you give us something that no one ever could.

Please still be my point guard. I know that we can find more heart to offer an insurance agent in the dark next year.

Yours,

Bones

West Forsyth 2003

Now, taking the side of the op, if the reunion was indeed planned for August and then called off 6-8 weeks before the event, that's pretty shitty. It would be difficult to pick up the ball and convert this event with maybe 600 invitees in that amount of time, especially if everyone had been told it was being handled.

Back