• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tulsa to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. Seriously.

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
Does Tulsa have a lot of oil $$ with which to bribe IOC folks? Maybe T Boone can purchase this for them, though he'd prolly insist that they have some events in Stillwater.

The USOC dipshits encourage bids from all over the place. Other cities "invited to bid" include Rochester, Columbus, Memphis, San Antonio, and Jacksonville.

Jacksonville is Vegas compared to Rochester.

At least Rochester would have Oak Hill for the golf part.

Aside from the ridiculousness of Tulsa as an Olympic site, it averages 93 degrees for a high there in July and August. That is too damn hot.

I'm sure the USOC has a healthy consulting business for all these potential bid sites. It always amazes me how something that showcases the best of mankind is so closely associated with some of its worst parts as well.

I once spent a weekend in Tulsa. That is all.

Aside from the ridiculousness of Tulsa as an Olympic site, it averages 93 degrees for a high there in July and August. That is too damn hot.

I'm sure the USOC has a healthy consulting business for all these potential bid sites. It always amazes me how something that showcases the best of mankind is so closely associated with some of its worst parts as well.

Very well said.

More riots in Rio last night. It's looking to be a fabulous host. So far they've spent around $20 billion to upgrade and build facilities.

Isn't there some sort of body that controls these things from an American interest standpoint? Like some approval panel that can say "hey Tulsa, settle down. We're going to promote a real city."

Maybe having Tulsa in there is like stacking the deck for our more attractive cities.

The guy trying to make it happens wants to have it in June right after the terrible tornado season dwindles down but before the massive heat kicks in. There hasn't been a summer games that early in the year since 1924.

But if fucking Qatar can win a World Cup bid... then I'm sure Tulsa has at least a little chance of winning the Summer Games.

The guy trying to make it happens wants to have it in June right after the terrible tornado season dwindles down but before the massive heat kicks in. There hasn't been a summer games that early in the year since 1924.

But if fucking Qatar can win a World Cup bid... then I'm sure Tulsa has at least a little chance of winning the Summer Games.

But Qatar is disgustingly rich though, yeah?

10 years ago, I'm sure none of us would've thought there'd be a shot in hell that OKC would've had an NBA team.

Back