• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you renew your Deacon Club membership?

Say Hey Deac

Reaction score
It's July 1, so the deadline for renewal has officially passed. For the folks on the board who are members, did you renew? They do a nice job of pressuring you into giving even at the lowest level with the priority points for continuous giving, so I can understand those who planned to quit, but did not.

Personally, I thought about just dropping down to the minimum contribution, but ultimately I stood firm and bailed completely. I'm not a big donor by any means, but I can't bring myself to support this program right now. It's a little sad, as that used to be a donation I felt good about making, but this year I'll feel good about supporting another charitable cause that isn't run by a crazy person.

Just curious now that the deadline has passed what the rest of you folks decided to do.

Yep.

tumblr_m5l39tnijr1ru9pjqo1_500.gif

I don't think they even contacted me about renewing.

Nope.

Loyal supporter for over 20 years. But as the OP correctly states, I can't fund an enterprise run by a "crazy person".

I did renew but the primary reason is just so I could buy a football parking pass. And yes I bought football season tickets too.

Yep, I was planning on leaving entirely but ended up just dropping to the lowest level. Upped my donation to the WF fund although my giving to the school is down overall.

I DONATED 3 CHEESEBURGERS, A BAG OF DORITOS, TWO MEAT LOVERS PIZZAS AND HOT WINGS WITH RANCH DRESSING!

Hatch, Ron and the BOT don't care because they don't need to.

I made my donation to the Sarge Tinga fund as part of a five year pledge. I was getting caught up from being poor in school and then unemployed.

I didn't renew. They emailed me about it last week. I called them and said we were not renewing.

I dropped to the $125 level or whatever bare minimum is..

Back