• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N&O: More Excuses and Bull from Ron

At first glance, I thought it said "No More Excuses". Of course, I was wrong. The start outlined my issues with the crap we're hearing about football:

In an interview with The Associated Press, the AD called the 2012-13 academic year "a disappointment" and said "our teams did not perform up to the level that we anticipated."

The biggest reasons were injuries and inexperience throughout the school's two highest-profile programs - football and men's basketball.

Jim Grobe's injury-riddled football team stumbled to its fourth straight losing season. Embattled basketball coach Jeff [Redacted]'s youth-dominated squad made noticeable progress but still finished under .500 for the third straight year.

Wellman said he thinks "we're going to bounce back in football" and added that the basketball program's "future, I believe, is bright because of the returners we have."

-----------

So we're going to rely on inexperience in football and a player coming off an injury redshirt in basketball.

-----------

This is going to be a busy year for Wellman, who will be the chairman of the Division I men's basketball committee this year. He estimated he will be out of town for roughly 60 nights as part of that job but "that doesn't mean my primary, my most important job is going to be neglected.
"When I leave, I don't worry about, 'What is the assistant athletic director doing?' or 'What is the associate athletic director doing?'" he said. "They know what to do ... (and) they're really good at what they do. So I don't worry, probably, like some people worry when they're on the road."
--------------

Nice. He's setting up a Pete Gaudet type scapegoat.

I'm still waiting for that glorious year when we have zero injuries in football. What a year that will be!

I remember that year when we lost our starting QB in the first game and had to play a freshman. We even had to play a WR at RB that year too.

How did that team do?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly we did ok that year by Wake standards. Not sure exactly of what the record was though...

Well, that would be a lie. We only won one of the last 5 games; and that was a win against a horrible VT team, with all of the losses by double digits. But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story, Ron.

Ron Wellman is a pathological lair.

Well, that would be a lie. We only won one of the last 5 games; and that was a win against a horrible VT team, with all of the losses by double digits. But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story, Ron.
QFT

Ron, do you even follow the program? What utter bullshit.

It's even worse that reporters don't call him out on it.

The associates & assistant AD's revel in the 60 days of the year when RW is gone. That gives them 1/6 of the year to try & right the ship he has drug to the bottom of the ocean.

The associates & assistant AD's revel in the 60 days of the year when RW is gone. That gives them 1/6 of the year to try & right the ship he has drug to the bottom of the ocean.
Steve Shutt is gonna right the ship?

jennifer-lawrence.gif

Common - RW is talking about how well the team practiced and went to class. Who cares about W/L anyways?

How can he possibly say we were playing our best basketball at the end of the year? The second half against MD in the ACC tournament was a disgrace. Wake Forest has lost in its first game in the ACC tournament for 6 consecutive years

"There is good reason to be excited about this year as many of our teams should contend for ACC and national honors. Most of our teams return a good nucleus of veterans and they will be joined by an outstanding incoming class of recruits." -Ron Wellman

From the most recent message to the Deacon Club. I'll believe it when I see it, but I won't hold my breath.

How can he possibly say we were playing our best basketball at the end of the year? The second half against MD in the ACC tournament was a disgrace. Wake Forest has lost in its first game in the ACC tournament for 6 consecutive years

Where have you gone, Harvey Hale?

Back