• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brad Stevens to Celtics

wonder how he like being told to lose 60 games this season?

Wow. We might actually have a shot at him in 2 years now. LOL at that 2022 contract extension.

He's a great teacher, he's a great x's and o's guy and he'll be willing to shepherd a young team through some rough growing pains the next few years - gotta say, I think it's a very good hire. Outside the box, but very good.

I'll differ slightly from "Wow" and throw out a Berman-esque WHAT?

Also :RicoSuavebatsignal

That one caught me off guard. Makes sense for Stevens to take it though. Hard to pass up basketball royalty. Sucks for Butler.

I would like to suggest that his career in Boston will be similar to Rick Pitino's. Not that Stevens isn't a good coach, but I don't think he is suited for the NBA. But who knows, best of luck to him.

Most shocking sports news I've seen in awhile. Audible wow when I saw the alert.

I'll definitely be rooting against the Celtics. Our chances got better.

The timing is kind of interesting, leaking late in the afternoon the day before the Fourth. Did they want to bury this for some reason?

Hope I'm wrong because I like Stevens and think his success would be good for the NBA - but I don't see this working. The NBA is about managing egos, finding stars, and exploiting matchups. Butler to Boston is a massive change, and Celtics fans aren't going to be as patient as they'll probably need to be.

There will be an opening at Duke when he's fired in a few years. No chance he makes it in the NBA. He's a teacher, which won't go over well when your players are making more than you.

luckily he's got a great locker room guy in Rondo who I am sure will be a great leader among those young guys

I am surprised he went...seemed like he had a good situation there...similar to OKst where there wasn't too much pressure.

Why didn't they just hire an insider from the organization (who would understand his role) to take the fall on the sword, and then pick up Stevens once the Wiggens lottery was over.

The Celtics are really going to regret not hiring Buzz if their plan is to tank for Wiggins.

Back