• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greenbrier Classic - Webb in 3rd currently

doubledeac

Reaction score
Course must be playing easy today...ridiculous scores coming out thus far

Webb currently -6 through 16 holes

Mods feel free to update title as needed

Webb plays this course well. Back to back Deacon winners would be sweet. Wonder if that has ever happened.

Nice show so far from my boy David Mathis. A Winston Salem native and alum of Campbell. He was at CU when I was a kid. Seemed like a good dude though I don't know him.

Bill Haas now in 7th at -8. Webb now at -3 and in 47th

This is as boring a final round as I can remember. Haas hasn't shown up on TV at all... Though it would probably help if he made a birdie or two.

To be fair, on Friday, they showed just about every shot by both Webb and Haas (and Watney, the 3rd in their group).

Agreed. It's a bunch of guys no one really knows or cares about. These guys trying to keep their card just want to play steady and not make a big number. Nice high finish keeps them golfing next year. The weather delay has dampened the enthusiasm too

On second glance all these guys but Bowditch are clearly under the 125. Not sure why their play is so uninspiring.

These guys are hauling ass around the course. Never seen a professional round go so quickly.

Bill finishes T9 for his eighth top-10 this year.

Wagner seemed to let it go...back 9 killed him. Don't know much about Blixt.

Wagner seemed to let it go...back 9 killed him. Don't know much about Blixt.

He didn't seem comfortable with his swing on the back. A lot of misses left. Seems like a good dude even if he's a hokie.

I loved his comment to Feherty after Sat's round in response to the question if he would be attending the Aerosmith concert that night - "I don't have much of a governor when it comes to an open bar, so I will probably just hang out in my room." Feherty could relate.

I'm friend with Wagner's brother. Hopefully they can shake off the bad mojo of Sunday night during their trip to Scotland this weekend.

Tweet from Jason Sobel
Jason Sobel ✔ @JasonSobelGC

Final twosome played in 3:38 today. But let's be real here: Par-70 course with teeboxes near greens. They didn't solve slow play overnight.
9:20 PM - 7 Jul 2013

Back