• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MS charity bike ride. Help needed

stratt

Reaction score
The Tour to Tanglewood is coming up in September. My group is looking to raise some money for the event. This will be the 28th year of this charity bike ride. The ride is sponsored by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

The Bike MS: Tour to Tanglewood is a 2-day cycling event that raises funds to support people living with multiple sclerosis. Money raised through this event funds MS research, programs, services, and advocacy. This year, over 2000 cyclists and volunteers will participate in the event raising over $1 million to create a world free of MS.

We have a team of six riders this year. We are looking to have Jerseys made for the event. We are wanting to get business sponsors to put on our Jerseys. If you own a business, or are apart of a business who would be interested, please PM me. My goal is to get $2000 raised to donate to the MS Society.

Thanks

(Mods, if in the wrong place, please move)

Is this org doing any sort of peer to peer fundraising or team fundraising and if so is there a site to go to donate and help your team meet your goal?

I believe there is a way to do that. This is the first year we have put together a team for this. I will find out and let you know. Thanks for your interest.

I talked to the company that we are buying jerseys from (Primal). They need to have the final design by this Friday> If anyone knows of a business who is will to sponsor before then, that would be awesome.

Stratt, God bless you. I wish I could help you directly, but in a way I am helping every day. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis since 2001. She was 36 when she came down with it. As I'm sure you know, it presents itself uniquely in every patient, but it is insidious and nasty. Over the past twelve years, the treatments have gotten better, but we are a long way from a cure. Again. God bless you and your efforts.

Thinking about ridding in this myself. A little concerned about the $240 price tag though, yikes.

Thinking about ridding in this myself. A little concerned about the $240 price tag though, yikes.

I'm not a CPA but I believe a significant portion of this $240 would be tax deductible given that it's a contribution toward a charitable gift.

I'm not a CPA but I believe a significant portion of this $240 would be tax deductible given that it's a contribution toward a charitable gift.

Ah, quite true. In fact, I think the registration is $40 with $200 in donations required.

Stratt, God bless you. I wish I could help you directly, but in a way I am helping every day. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis since 2001. She was 36 when she came down with it. As I'm sure you know, it presents itself uniquely in every patient, but it is insidious and nasty. Over the past twelve years, the treatments have gotten better, but we are a long way from a cure. Again. God bless you and your efforts.

I will be thinking of you guys when we ride for sure. Will try to raise as much as we can.

Thanks for posting and glad to see National MS Society is using my companies software for their peer to peer fundraising.

Great job with the software. Very easy to use!

Great job with the software. Very easy to use!

Thanks, I will tell our development team as I can't take credit for that. Only been here for a few months now and it's my job to sell it.

Have raised over $600 so far. please keep the donations coming. Thanks again.

Back