• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Faustian Bargin

DEACS76

Reaction score
Wolverine's prediction brought to mind games that we might win but shouldn't and loses that should have been wins. Last year, beating carolina was the highlight of the year. Losing to Maryland was the one we let slip away. What game, this year, will we win as an underdog? What game will we spit the bit? I agree that ULM might be the one we let slip through our fingers. I think Miami might be ripe for an upset. What do you think?

What exactly is the Faustian bargain at play?

i guess it's you get to pick a great win, but in exchange you have to pick a tough loss....which games? Might be more thought provoking if you have to stay in the realm of feasible....i.e we're not going to lose to presby and we're not going to beat FSU etc....

I expect loses [sic] to Maryland, Syracuse and ULM. In return, the bargin [sic] will give an upset victory over Clemson.

We have won in Death Valley twice in 50 years, and both times the Clemson coach was fired ('93 and '98).

ULM could be a tough game. Auburn and Arkansas sucked last year by SEC standards, but ULM went to OT with both, lost to one and beat the other, both on the road. I could easily see us losing that game. If we do, I'll take Miami in return.

I don't think we'll beat Miami...too much athleticism even if we get up. I am optimistic about Maryland and Cuse.

We have won in Death Valley twice in 50 years, and both times the Clemson coach was fired ('93 and '98).

Oddly enough, these are the only two games I have ever attended at Clemson.

Back