• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many 2000-2009 1st team all ACC players can you remember

40/50

Tim Pickett, get at me. Loved that dude.

I couldn't remember who the fuck played on the Jason Williams d00k team to save my life.

40/50 McClinton, Rice, Thornton, Dunleavy, and Henderson were the only "doh!" Moments.

the one that killed me that i couldn't get was demarcus nelson. completely forgot he existed. same with zabian dowdell. the rest were from 99-02.

Missed:
Will Solomon
Alvin Jones
Anthony Grundy
Dahntay Jones
Zabian Dowdell
DeMarcus Nelson

Most happy with myself for getting Pickett

Alvin Jones and Edward Scott are the two that don't ring a bell whatsoever, and the strange thing is I was the same year as Scott. Clempsun musta been tuuuuurrrrible.

Alvin Jones and Edward Scott are the two that don't ring a bell whatsoever, and the strange thing is I was the same year as Scott. Clempsun musta been tuuuuurrrrible.

really? i remember alvin jones and i was like 13-14. dude was awesome.

Singletary made 3 straight all-ACCs? I'll be damned.

Also pretty shocking Pickett made all-ACC in what was one of the conference's best years ever

Last edited:
He absolutely lit our asses up on his Senior night in Blacksburg.

Actually that is Washington I'm thinking of.

AD Vasallo looked like an nba'er when he played us. still completely blank on zabian. how do i forget a dude named zabian?

Singletary made 3 straight all-ACCs? I'll be damned.

Also pretty shocking Pickett made all-ACC in what was one of the conference's best years ever

Tim Pickett was a damn good player. So many great college SGs in the ACC.

His stats were solid, but not knock-your-socks-off great:

Season GP MPG PPG FG% 3FG% FT% APG RPG BPG SPG
2003-04 33 29.8 16.5 43.3 40.7 75.9 2.1 4.5 0.3 2.5

Bit surprising since there were six very good teams in the conference that year, and FSU wasn't one of them. Maybe canceled out votes for other guys

Ed Scott killed us in the double overtime game at Clemson in 2002. Something like 30 and 15. Craig Dawson hit about 10 3s that game and Taron hit a clutch 3 to send it to OT.

Back