• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The more things change, the more they stay the same.....

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
This was posted on the other board. Heh.

Found an article from the Raleigh News and Observer, June 24, 2006. "Carolina's run brings to mind 1955 Deacons" Maybe someone can post it on here. I do not have the tech savy.
Interesting points:
"All-ACC senior Tommy Cole- a .339 batter who led the ACC in home runs with 7- was sidelined with an ankle injury suffered in the second Series game.
"Wake was also missing star pitcher Lefty Davis- who led the ACC in wins with a 10-1 record- because Wake wouldn't excuse him from summer school classes."
"Then there was the time when the Deacons were scheduled to play a Sunday game. Deacons teams were not allowed to compete on the Sabbath."
"Wake president Harold Tribble, who was quoted later in a Deacon publication: 'If I had known about this Sunday, I would never have given permission for it to be played.' "

A long history of administration and athletics friction. Even then, doing everything in their power to squash one of the school's greatest athletics achievements.

Ok, that makes more sense.

I think we'd be better off if Hatch didn't know when our games were being played, because he was so hands off. But that doesn't seem to be reality

Somebody posted on the other board that the coach was fired after returning from Omaha for playing that game on Sunday.

Back