• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keith Olbermann Returning to ESPN?

CHillDeac

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. One possible snag is that he recently signed a contract with TBS to host a Major League Baseball post season studio show.

The Daily News has learned that ESPN is in serious discussions with Olbermann to host a New York-based late night talk show on ESPN2, according to industry sources. The sources said the situation was still “very fluid” and no decision on green-lighting Olbermann or the project had been made.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/keith-olbermann-returning-espn-article-1.1397021

Yep. It's not the mid-90s anymore.

Olbermann/Patrick was one of the greatest tandems in TV. Not sure that the bullshit which ESPN is can help Olbermann become relevant again.

The only problem I have with him is he thinks he has a thought he should share with us.

Olbermann/Patrick was one of the greatest tandems in TV. Not sure that the bullshit which ESPN is can help Olbermann become relevant again.

This. Olbermann/Patrick were easily the high water mark for SportsCenter.

Smells like a panic reach for nostalgia from ESPN in the face of the FOX Sports 1 launch.

BKF obviously never watched MSNBC. If someone had posited that BKF and RJ would be on different sides of this argument, would anyone have guessed which one?

I doubt they're THAT scared.

I don't know, they've lost out of some significant bidding wars to FOX and NBC recently. They've also had 90% of the cable sports market share until now. Not to mention the fact that they just laid off like 500 people b/c their profits have been cut in half in the last year or two.

Which is great news to me, the consumer, because maybe ESPN will start trying again.

ESPN could host a three-day battle royale to figure out the worst of their media personalities and still not declare a winner. 95% of them are awful.

Meaning that 5% of them are not awful. Could you name them?

Back