• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] or NCAA Violations?

What Would You Take?

• Total voters

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
If getting rid of [Redacted] within the next two years meant that Wake would incur relatively substantial NCAA violations would you want it to happen? This is inspired by the other thread about [Redacted]/Wellman that Stratt started.

For the purposes of this we'll say that players were being paid by boosters and [Redacted] was committing recruiting violations. The penalty would be a one year post season ban, two scholarships removed for the next three years, and five years probation. The school would also be dragged through the mud in local and national media for committing these violations. What level of violations would you accept in order to fire [Redacted]? More severe, less severe, any?

Poll forthcoming.

Last edited:
What would probation entail?

Let's say if you're on probation any infraction committed during the three year period will result in another year post-season ban and an additional scholarship removed for three more years.

My hate for Buzz almost reaches DV7 proportions, but no violations against the school would be worth canning Buzz, no matter the severity. Like TITSWF said, he'll be gone within 2 years anyway. Guaran-fucking-teed.

Last edited:
So pretty much the same result for the next year or two... I'll take Buzz and no violations (assuming he'll be gone within a year or so). If there was any indication of him being retained long term, I'd consider accepting small violations (not including your example) since Buzz is basically a NCAA penalty for us but would probably still lean towards no violations and hoping he gets fired eventually.

Eh he'll be gone within two years anyway so no.

My hate for Buzz almost reaches DV7 proportions, but no violations against the school would be worth canning Buzz, no matter the severity. Like TITSWF, he'll be gone within 2 years anyway. Guaran-fucking-teed.

I am no longer willing to entertain such fantasies. For three years now people on the boards have been saying, "he'll be gone after next year". Now you guys are saying, "he'll be gone in two years". Two years from now someone will say, "Don't worry, he'll be gone in another three years." Well I say, HELL NO!

He has already burned it to the ground. You cannot do any more damage by setting fire to the ashes.

Last edited:
Why does he randomly walk away from everyone at 0:54?

So much win in that clip. 0:28.

Also TITSWF's response to the original question is correct.

Sanctions?! And tarnish The Wake Forest Way?

It has already been tarnished.

This isn't TK Hearn's Wake Forest anymore. I don't much care for any of the leadership at Mother So Dear any longer.

I am no longer willing to entertain such fantasies. For three years now people on the boards have been saying, "he'll be gone after next year". Now you guys are saying, "he'll be gone in two years". Two years from now someone will say, "Don't worry, he'll be gone in another three years." Well I say, HELL NO!

He has already burned it to the ground. You cannot do any more damage by setting fire to the ashes.
Take into consideration all of the relevant components (Buzz's coaching ability, the talent of these players, the incoming ACC teams, etc), what is Buzz's ceiling? A win in the NIT tournament (and that may even be a reach)?. That wasn't what he was brought in to do. He even said so in his introductory press conference: "Advance in postseason play" AKA the NCAA tourney. No way Buzz gets there. I know our AD is an out of touch lunatic, but Buzz'll be gone within 2 years. I'd bet good money on it.

Let's say if you're on probation any infraction committed during the three year period will result in another year post-season ban and an additional scholarship removed for three more years.

That's not too bad.

we never got to try this theory with that PUNK kevin Kelly, so I cant artest to it working and getting Buzz fired, but I guess its worth a shot.... wellman might as well have us on probation anyway LOL

Sometimes you have to burn everything to the ground to start over, batman said that the night was always darkest before the dawn and maybe that is applicable here?? I dont know, i would say we could have another funraiser but I am out of ideas there...... plus Im already sitting on a few hundred custom buzzoutopoly boards, that crap doesnt sell on ebay anymore

Back