• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanderbilt names 4 players suspended due to investigation

I suspect that if PJ had never played a minute for UNC, Roy would have suspended him permanently weeks ago. It is easy to be tough when it costs you little or nothing.

I am not sure what the point of this thread is, or that statement in the article actually. The TE for example just committed in January, 2013 so obviously he hasn't played a snap. His offer sheet is as follows:

Arkansas
California
Kansas State
Kentucky
Miami (Fl)
Mississippi
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Texas A&M

The other guys redshirted and were 3-star and ranked nationally for their position and had solid offers.

The point is that the only reason Franklin is winning is that he's running a rogue program because there's no way anybody except Jim by God Grobe could win at an elite academic institution.

(completely ignore that Wake suspended four players in what seems like a similar situation several years ago)

At Wake? If it's the incident I'm thinking of, they were suspended then were allowed to play soon there after.

I'm sure there are better links, but this is the first thing I found.
http://thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=362415

It read like the original poster was saying that the only reason these players were kicked out is because they were bench-warmers, which is not true. Also, they haven't contributed to Vandy's recent success so going rogue (with this bunch) doesn't have anything to do with the 2012 results.

Last edited:
I love the Wake fans that try to blame Franklin for cheating now that Vandy is pretty good.

Franklin is an excellent coach, but I love the false equivalence given to Wake in the ACC vs. Vandy in the SEC the other way. Vandy being in the SEC makes it a little easier to sell than "just another academic school". That being said, good for them to hire Franklin. He is going places.

Franklin is an excellent coach, but I love the false equivalence given to Wake in the ACC vs. Vandy in the SEC the other way. Vandy being in the SEC makes it a little easier to sell than "just another academic school". That being said, good for them to hire Franklin. He is going places.

Vandy is, pretty much without question, the most similar school to Wake from a football perspective. Yes, the SEC is a bit of a recruiting tool, but it's still far harder for a school like Wake/Vandy to be successful in the SEC than in the ACC.

It is absolutely amazing how well posters are able to discern the thoughts and intents of their fellow posters! Ph knew that I was making a comparison between Franklin and Grobe. Amazing knowledge of my secret thoughts, especially since Grobe never entered my mind when I posted the link.

That would be like me declaring that Ph would not hate Grobe so much if he wasn't white or love Franklin so much if the wasn't black. That would be an absurd conjecture, right? Just like the conjecture that I was dissing Franklin and Vandy!

I was suggesting, however, that it is easier to be tough on players who have not yet played and upon whom the team has not come to depend...no matter how highly ranked. But then perhaps players who have played should receive an added measure of patience over those who haven't?

If you want to know why something is posted, maybe you should ask and not pontificate based upon unfounded assumptions.

Vandy is, pretty much without question, the most similar school to Wake from a football perspective. Yes, the SEC is a bit of a recruiting tool, but it's still far harder for a school like Wake/Vandy to be successful in the SEC than in the ACC.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Vandy is in the SEC East though. It is not nearly as difficult to win there vs. the West which is just brutal.

Back