• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA discontinues relationship with EA Sports

The author missed the real story. It turns out EA Sports created a new feature where coaches slammed their fists on scorers' tables. That qualified as a breach under Wellman rules and regulations and mandated termination of the relationship. Too bad.

So, if I read that correctly, they could continue the franchise without using NCAA branding, and still license directly with teams, correct?

Are conferences included in NCAA branding?

So, if I read that correctly, they could continue the franchise without using NCAA branding, and still license directly with teams, correct?

They could but the schools could end up in the same spot as the NCAA with this lawsuit.

Sounds like they could do that a la PES and license individual teams. But not sure if the profits would outweigh the cost if they had to ink 25-30 schools all separately.

It's amazing how far the NCAA will go to avoid paying their employees.

They are not making a Tiger woods next year and they will skip one year of college. Then expect ESPN College Game Day football 2016.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Is that speculation or legit?

The rosters are completely editable. EA could put whatever schmoes in the game and crowd source legit rosters. Or they could just hire beta testers with scouting backgrounds who could edit their own rosters. Or they could just fire their current scouts and let them make money selling legit rosters in a new roster sharing scheme.

It's not the end of the world.

"If it's in the game, we legally cannot include it in the game."

My friend who works for EA said that he is pretty sure they will have a college football game next year, albeit with a different title.

I don't want to live in a world where you can't play a college football video game with your favorite player

I dont understand why they cant put players names in video games yet they can put their names in national newspapers and editorials, talk about them on national TV, and put their names on the back of their jersey. People buy newspapers, pay to watch TV and pay to see games, I really dont see the big issue with putting their names in a game.

The likeness and physical abilities.

humor-trolling_00313274.jpg

They get plenty for their efforts, if they are unsatisfied they can not play at the college level and find a semi pro team to play for. I am sure the fans will follow them if they leave.

Does anybody still play NCAA?

I used to prefer those games to Madden; but as the consoles got better, the graphics got better, and the players' likeness improved, i found it hard to keep playing NCAA... They started to feel like a generic version of college football when compared to Madden, where all of the players look like their counterparts.

Tuition and fees at WFU will top 60k this year. Not bad compensation for 18-22 year olds.

They get plenty for their efforts, if they are unsatisfied they can not play at the college level and find a semi pro team to play for. I am sure the fans will follow them if they leave.

Tuition and fees at WFU will top 60k this year. Not bad compensation for 18-22 year olds.

I haven't heard these points before. Please, continue...

24219123.jpg

Back