• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Embarrassing

DeacsNDayton

Reaction score
I went to Lids at Broadway at the Beach (MB) looking to see what kind of Wake hats they had. They only had one cheesy white hay with WF logo. I asked the guy why they didn't have anything but that one hat. His response..."let's be honest. Wake sucks and nobody wants their stuff as long as they are bad. Bring Chris Paul back and merchandise will start flowing again." However, I had my choice of 3 styles of Boise State hats. Boise-friggin-State people...3 styles. I saw a very minimal amount of Wake stuff in other stores but it mostly looked generic and was hard to find. Glad to see Ron & Jeff have advanced Wake's reputation. What a joke.

Wake merch has been disappearing from shelves in the past few years. The alumni hall store in Raleigh used to carry Wake stuff, but they stopped and replaced it with App State merch a few years ago. I did find a Wake hate in a Sheetz near Durham, though (that's not a joke).

I was under the impression, which may be wrong, that Wake stuff isn't in as many places due to licensing. It may be some what due to the athletic performances, but I don't ever remember seeing much Wake stuff at any store outside of the immediate Winston area.

Like I said I have no idea if that's actually true or not, had just heard it from a lot of people in the past.

And I have no idea.

I thought buying Wake stuff made you a bad fan. I guess this means the number of good Wake fans is growing.

I guess part of my point is that I can go to a store in Myrtle Beach, SC and find 3 styles if Boise State hats & 1 generic Wake hat. But when the associate tells me that our team sucks and that is related to the amount of merchandise they carry, then those that created the decline have some culpability. JMO.

If you're embarrassed about the school you like not having hats at Lids, you should probably be a Duke fan.

If you're embarrassed about the school you like not having hats at Lids, you should probably be a Duke fan.

Maybe you should read the meaning behind the comments there brainless. It's embarrassing to go to a store in the Carolina's that sells merchandise of teams from all across the country and have the associate tell you they don't carry your teams stuff because they suck. I live in Ohio. I can't just roll up into a store and look for Wake stuff to buy there so I look when I'm closer. And no, I didn't have the opportunity to stop in WS and go to the Deacon shop.

Jaybone, go read a different thread if you don't like this one. Take Ron & Bz with you.

I would look online. You can buy Wake stuff there.

I got news for you, 10 years when Wake was fer schnitzel, you couldn't buy Wake stuff anywhere either. I take that back, I could buy a Tim Duncan jersey in Union Square NYC, but that had nothing to do with what was happening then. It's just the way it is. Right now, there's a commercial on like 30 times a day with a Wake Forest jersey and #3 going in for a layup. Still doesn't matter.

Folks buy Boise State shit because they like the bronco. Nobody buys Wake gear because they like the Deacon mug. Vanderbilt has had a nice run the last several years and you can't buy Commodore shit anywhere other than Nashville either.

Yeah, that's just not true, at all

Because Aaron Curry and Josh Howard jerseys were selling like hotcakes in NYC??? CP3 jerseys did appear, I will surely give you that. But if you blinked you missed it. They certainly weren't replaced with James Johnson and Teague jerseys. I guess you could argue that if we had made a Final 4 with them they might have ... there's not too many folks that were running around in Wake lids because they loved CP3. It's just not that type of branding you get with Wake. Have ever got with Wake. There was a rapper or two who wore a jersey, but it was almost done in mock jest

Back