• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The JJ Redick having girlfriend sign abortion contract story

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score

The story is, Redick agreed to continue a relationship with the girl for a year if she would have an abortion- or he could give her 30 days notice and $25,000 to buy his way out of the relationship. Kind of bizarre. Redick put out a tweet where he denies it but there are a number of documents, including from the abortion clinic.
JJ Redick ‏@JJRedick 24 Jul

Continued attention to these lies is severely damaging to myself and my family. Thank you.
Tuesday, we brought you a 2007 confidentiality agreement between then-rookie J.J. Redick and model ex-girlfriend Vanessa Lopez, a bizarre contract that stipulated Redick would have to fake his relationship with Lopez in exchange for her getting an abortion. Today we've obtained more emails and documents showing the behind-the-scenes negotiations—abortion contracts don't just happen, after all.
Four hours after the timestamp on her receipt, Lopez received an email from Greg McNeill, Redick's lawyer. He asked her to provide documentation that the abortion had been completed, as per the terms of their contract:

Vanessa,

I understand that you have completed the termination procedure. I was under the impression that a second trimester procedure was lengthy and involved an overnight stay. In any event, in connection with the agreement, please advise of when you and I may meet at the Women's Center to obtain the required medical records.

Whatever the contract stipulated about Redick's maintaining a relationship with Lopez, it didn't last. On Sept. 23, 2007, Lopez called police to file a complaint about a number of threatening phone calls from Redick's younger brother, David. She told police that J.J. Redick was her former boyfriend, and the two were involved in a legal dispute.
(A 2008 letter from a Florida therapist claims that she was giving Lopez "counseling for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder resulting from physical violence and a forced abortion by her then boyfriend, a professional athlete, and his attorney. That relationship has ended, but since then she has been threatened by her boyfriend's family and his brother which has contributed to her stress.")

http://deadspin.com/how-j-j-redicks-abortion-contract-was-conceived-912727291

I mentioned this on the NBA thread a few days back and was surprised that there wasn't more discussion. They were too busy arguing about the merits of the summer league though.

I mentioned this on the NBA thread a few days back and was surprised that there wasn't more discussion. They were too busy arguing about the merits of the summer league though.

The number of Wake fans who read the NBA thread is a tiny subset of the number of Wake fans who think JJ is King of the Douchebags. Seriously, what a douche.

If she was in it for the money she could've given birth and been set for life. Seems crazy that she was more interested in trying to maintain a relationship with Redick. I guess she really cared about the dbag.

If she was in it for the money she could've given birth and been set for life. Seems crazy that she was more interested in trying to maintain a relationship with Redick. I guess she really cared about the dbag.

And he couldn't have given two shits about her. Truly bizarre world.

She apparently has had some relationship issues with Shaq and Kobe as well. Something tells me that JJ didn't measure up.

She apparently has had some relationship issues with Shaq and Kobe as well. Something tells me that JJ didn't measure up.

I+guess+you+could+say+that+ass+is+_9100831c7100ea2ed239a42167c33b14.png

In baseball they would call her an Annie. Another thing this shows is JJ doesn't have a lot of friends in the league or else he would have known her history with other players.

Even JJ may not have liked sloppy 43rds.

Good grief. Then again, I have a hard time arguing with anything that prevents JJ Redick's genes from continuing their travels on this earth.

Incredibly unenforceable contract, so from that perspective, I have a hard time believing there was actually a contract. But who the hell knows with this clown.

I've mentioned before that my kids went to HS with JJ and his brother. Both were major jerks and most of their classmates couldn't stand either brother. David was the only Redick child who sucked at basketball. Opposing fans would chant "You're adopted" at him which really seemed to bother David.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who I hate more, TYT or JJ Redick.

Back