• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score
We can make this the non-NFC East and non-Panthers thread if posters are so inclined.

Training camps opening up. Jets first practice today for the ever so interesting QB battle between Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. Let's just say that expectations are not high for the Jets this season. Am hearing that Josh Bush will be competing for a starting safety job though. Millner hasn't signed yet, hopefully soon so he can get in reps with Revis gone.

Joe McKnight f'ing up for himself already

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Two months ago, Joe McKnight issued a defiant response when asked if he was worried about his place on the roster, claiming, "They're gonna have to kill me to take my spot."

Turns out that he could be hurting himself.

Before leaving for Cortland, the Jets held their conditioning test in Florham Park -- and McKnight flunked, according to a source. As a result, he was placed on the non-football injury list. As soon as he passes the test, he'll be activated. It's not unusual for an offensive lineman to fail, but a running back?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/

The Jets are a huge mess. Tannenbaum did a horrible job with this roster the last few years, and the Sanchize extension was criminal. I like Rex, but he is dead man walking. I think Woody knew they'd be terrible this year no matter who the coach was, so rather than pay 2 coaches (had he fired Rex), he kept Rex on for this sucky year and then he'll hire a new coach next year. The other thing about the Jets is I'm not remotely sold on Geno. Something about his make-up that leads me to believe he won't be able to handle being a legit starting QB in a city like NY with that media.

Macklin tore his ACL and is done for the year. And Dennis Pitta just dislocated his hip and will miss a couple of months. :mad:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Tests confirmed Broncos C Dan Koppen tore his ACL, as @Jeff_Legwold reported.

Macklin tore his ACL and is done for the year. And Dennis Pitta just dislocated his hip and will miss a couple of months. :mad:

sticker,375x360.png

Former WF great Steve Vallos signed with the Broncos. He'll get a chance to compete for the center spot because Manny Ramirez has not been doing that great in limited TC reps.

Apparently, the Panthers are having real O-Line issues in training camp. Gross is being continually beaten by CJ.

Former WF great Steve Vallos signed with the Broncos. He'll get a chance to compete for the center spot because Manny Ramirez has not been doing that great in limited TC reps.

That's just Manny being Manny.

Gabbert and Henne are in a real battle for the starting nod of my hometown Jags.

Back