• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ricky williams on Mackovich's influence as he accepts coaching position

socaldeac

Reaction score
Ricky Williams discussing Wake Forest's very own John Mackovich (spelling) "He genuinely cared about his players as men and as people," Williams said. "He didn't just teach us football but he also shared life lessons with us. He shared himself with us and he also encouraged me to be me, which was a huge gift and really allowed me to develop."

After seeing John Mac coach Arizona via ESPN special - I thought he was one of the most demeaning coaches I have ever seen. Suprised to hear nice words about him.

It appears he inspired him to smoke pot, sign wacky contracts, etc...

That Tangerine Bowl season was pretty awesome- my all time favorite Wake team.

It seems that the real news is that Ricky is coaching at the University of the Word Incarnate. Can make up stuff like this. As for John, he could be caustic and sarcastic. Really had that Chicago smart ass attitude. But once you get to know him, he is a pretty deep and caring guy and fun and interesting to talk to.

We had some serious attitude in 79. The march onto to the field. The kickoff routine. Kicking Auburn's ass in the second half. I'm happy to have lived it.

Back