• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin Proehl is a tarheel

He was going to commit to UNC as soon as he got an offer (which was today). Not surprising at all.

Dude sucks. In the words of UNC, we didnt want him anyway. Saved us a scholarship, since we didnt have to waste one just b/c his dad was good here almost 25 years ago.

Dude sucks. In the words of UNC, we didnt want him anyway. Saved us a scholarship, since we didnt have to waste one just b/c his dad was good here almost 25 years ago.

Bullshit

Come to Wake and get immediate PT as Wake will be desperate to replace camp.
Or go to UNC and sit behind Quinshit Davis, Switzer and a couple others for 3+ years.

Truth is, if he doesnt want to play here, then I dont want him here. I dont care who their dad is. We need guys who have a drive and a desire to play football at WFU, not just a desire to play college football. We have a few kids that have that problem on the team and I believe that is at least one of the many problems we have with some of our players today.

Last edited:
My bad. You are right. He and Quinshad Davis will likely be the best WR duo in the NCAA in 2 years and we will remind ourselves how they should have been Deacs. Best of luck to him. We will do better. We want guys who want to be here.

too bad we don't get to kick his ass anytime soon

Doesn't the wr coach at Chapel Hill have some sort of Deac connection? Was that the draw here?

I hope they beat the teams that they play from our division, and we smack them in '16.

Never mind on my question. Just looked it up and found that Brewer is said coach

I can understand wanting to play somewhere outside of your dad's shadow. Good luck to him.

Fuck that Tarhole. Hope he stays heathy But never plays a down.

Only issue I have is that I remember it was an ordeal for us to offer him in the first place (in that he desperately wanted an offer from us to ensure that be had a solid plan no matter if unc offered or not). It's Ricky's kid what were we gonna do, say no? And I'm sure while we did really want him and I think he's a solid player, we may have missed out on other people while we waited. I love Ricky and even though this was expected this whole thing wasnt helpful for wake at all and I believe could have been handled a lot better by the Proehls in general.

Who did we miss out on?

We give out plenty of offers to kids who end up elsewhere. Why is this different? Why would Ricky be to blame? It sucks but that's just how it is.

Last edited:
What is Jim Grobe's record vs UNC?

Who won the game last year?

That's right, shut your fucking mouth, Larold.

Back