• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A-Rod's gonna be looking at a lifetime ban as early as Monday?

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Major League Baseball is seeking to strike a deal with Rodriguez that will suspend him for the rest of the current season and all of next season without pay.
contingent on if A-Rod doesn’t fight a suspension.

If the Yankees star rejects the deal, however, and a source close to Rodriguez confidently says he will, then the 38-year-old will likely be facing a lifetime ban.

MLB officials hope to hear by Monday whether or not A-Rod will accept the deal, and if he rejects it, the New York Daily News reports his suspension will be announced either Monday or Tuesday.
http://nesn.com/2013/07/report-mlb-offering-alex-rodriguez-deal-that-would-avoid-lifetime-ban-include-missing-entire-2014-season-without-pay/

The guy is finished anyway. The days of 35+ year olds playing at high levels are over.

The guy is finished anyway. The days of 35+ year olds playing at high levels are over.

35+ year olds can play at a high level in other sports. They're not all juicing.

Kinda depends on his definition of "playing at high levels." A solid handful of players have stuck around into their 40s and made meaningful contributions to their teams. Not a lot of All Star bids, but it's not like it's gone away completely.

Last edited:
Crazy to me to think that I may have seen A-Rod in one of his final games when he played his first game back (in Charleston) at the beginning of the month.

A-Rod is a piece of shit, always has been. Baseball was always my favorite sport growing up, but the Yankees trading for him soured me on the entire sport, and I have hardly watched it since. It will be a glorious day if he gets a lifetime ban.

Kinda depends on his definition of "playing at high levels." A solid handful of players have stuck around into their 40s and made meaningful contributions to their teams. Not a lot of All Star bids, but it's not like it's gone away completely.

Good point. I think elite players can stay elite at 35 in most sports without juicing. I do agree that it's unlikely players will make the leap at a later age.

As an O's fan, I really hopes he fights it and wins. I want to see the Yanks stuck with that albatross of a contract for as long as possible.

Jamie Moyer FTW

I find it hard to believe that an independent arbiter would rule to ban a guy for life who has never been suspended before. That seems more like a threat to try to convince ARod to agree to a plea bargain. Leaked to the public so the MLB can show off how tough it is being on drug use.

Then again, the MLB does like to fire arbiters who rule against them.

A-Rod is a piece of shit, always has been. Baseball was always my favorite sport growing up, but the Yankees trading for him soured me on the entire sport, and I have hardly watched it since. It will be a glorious day if he gets a lifetime ban.

#bkflogic

IMO, the harshest punishment for Arod would be to do nothing and make him continue to rehab and make a fool out of himself. Don't bail out the Yankees.

Completely agree, but letting it sour you on an entire sport is asinine.

Why? I'm not going to shift allegiances and root for another team. And it's tough to root for your favorite team when they have a player you despise, it is not enjoyable, and sports are supposed to be entertainment. So I chose not to watch much at all. When I do watch, which is rare, it is pretty much just to pull for Jeter and Rivera and Pettite. Once those guys retire, I don't imagine I will watch at all any more, as none of the younger guys have sparked much interest with me.

That's some real fair weather fan shit right there. Don't hate the game, hate the player. In this instance.

Back