• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
About that time. Who are your sleepers? Who are you avoiding? Where are you in your draft? Post your teams

Currently in 1 league. 8th pick in a 12 man snake draft. Taking the best RB available with my 1st and hoping AJ Green or Dez is available with my 2nd.

I can't imagine a league that AJ Green is available in the second round unless you have a late first round pick in a smaller league.

Dez has been available at 17 in 75% of the mocks I've done. Most are dropping below Dez to get forte at 15 or 16

I can't really think about Fantasy football until the first couple preseason games are done and depth charts start taking shape. Too much is in flux until you can really see how O-lines are going to shape up. Not so much because the preseason games help determine that, but because you have a much better idea what the injury situation will be like at that point.

Had my first draft tonight for a 12-team keeper league. Was able to grab Ray Rice with the 2nd overall pick and trade my 2nd and 3rd round pick for another guy's 1st and 4th which gave me Rodgers in the first round as well. Rest of the roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: CJ Spiller (6th round keeper)
RB: Ray Rice
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Torrey Smith
Flex: Alfred Morris (17th round keeper)
TE: Gronk (and Zach Sudfeld)
DEF: Rams
Bench: Jennings, FJax, Pierce, LeShoure, Stacy, LaFell, Ryan Williams

Going to be hard to not win this league.

Is it a PPR? Your WR's are a little weak. Nelson is hurt and may or may not play week 1.

Had my first draft tonight for a 12-team keeper league. Was able to grab Ray Rice with the 2nd overall pick and trade my 2nd and 3rd round pick for another guy's 1st and 4th which gave me Rodgers in the first round as well. Rest of the roster:

Wow, that team is outrageous.

mother of God

Agreed my WRs are a bit weak but after picking Rice with the 2nd overall pick and then trading to grab Rodgers, I would have been left with reaching in the 4th for Hakeem Nicks or Mike Wallace but think Gronk there is far greater playoff upside.

Went WR with 4th, 5th and 7th round picks and could have kept going, but felt I needed to handcuff both Rice and Spiller (in 8th and 9th) as that would have been my only chance to grab them. More important than grabbing Brian Hartline or Denarius Moore.

I'm also going to drop Ryan Williams and grab Roy Helu as it looks like he's emerged as the true back-up, and Williams is very quickly losing favor in Arizona (what little left he had).

My league has one keeper and your keeper pick determines the first round draft order. Who should I keep...Spiller or T. Richardson? Both are ranked nearly the same so won't affect my draft pick a whole lot.

My league has one keeper and your keeper pick determines the first round draft order. Who should I keep...Spiller or T. Richardson? Both are ranked nearly the same so won't affect my draft pick a whole lot.

That is so tough. I am staring down having to pick who i want of those 2 in my draft. My league is PPR and both catch a ton of passes. Spiller is more dynamic and has the chance of the big plays but the only thing that has me guessing Richardson over Spiller is the fact that behind Spiller is Jackson would still is pretty good. There isn't shit behind Richardson with Lewis being hurt and I love what backs have done previously under Turner when he was an OC.

spiller, i think richardson will be questionable at least 8/16 weeks and I don't want to deal with that headache.

You guys REALLY need to change your keeper rules. No reason Morris should be a 17th rounder or Spiller should be a 6th.

You guys REALLY need to change your keeper rules. No reason Morris should be a 17th rounder or Spiller should be a 6th.

Morris could definately be a 17th. If you drafted him in 18th or got him as a FA last year, most leagues do round you picked +1 with a limit on how long you keep him. No one knew who Morris was before week 1 last year.

Exactly what Bernie said.

Keeper rule is the player costs you one round earlier than when you drafted him. We drafted after week 4 in the preseason and Morris didn't have his breakout until after week 3. As for Spiller, his ADP last year was 88. I drafted him the 7th round and thus he cost me my 6th round this year.

This is pretty much the norm for snake draft keeper leagues.

We've got one just recently opened spot in a league that is drafting Wednesday night at 9pm. Yahoo, fairly standard scoring/setup, $100 buy in. PM me if interested.

According to tags, you'll be playing w/ idiots.

Drafted this team last night in a league with 14 players, I had the 6th pick

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, Ryan Matthews, Jonathan Dwyer, Jonathan Stewart
WR: A.J. Green, Brandon Marshall, Torrey Smith, Steve Johnson, Chris Givens
TE: Coby Fleener
D/ST: Tampa Bay
K: Greg Zuerlein

Got my keeper league draft tonight. Players I've kept:

Jamaal Charles (gave up 3rd round)
Andrew Luck (gave up 4th round)
CJ Spiller (gave up 5th round)
DeMarco Murray (gave up 7th round)

Won the league last year so have the 12th pick in the 1st, snake draft.

WRs that weren't kept: Megatron, Marshall, Larry Fitz, A Johnson, White
QBs that weren't kept: Brees, Manning, Rodgers

Hopefully some combination of those two fall to me for my 1st and 2nd round picks. Then I can sit back for a bit since I won't be selecting again until the 6th.

Back