• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Away Games

doubledeac

Reaction score
For those who like to travel to away games - what're some of the better stadiums, fanbases, towns/cities, etc to visit?

Anyone making any road trips this year or waiting to see how Presbyterian pans out? Trying to generate some interest to drive to Clemson to watch a potential miracle.

I'm going to the Army game. Looking forward to finally visiting West Point.

I believe I am making the trip to West Point and I may go to Boston. Not sure on the latter yet.

I will not be attending Death Valley. Went the past two times.

Also will be at West Point. Have heard excellent things about seeing a game in that stadium and on that campus.

That would seem to be the one to do this year from a variety/experience/we-actually-have-a-chance-to-win standpoint

I'm heading to West Point. Will probably visit NYC that Friday.

It's been about 9 years since I visited the campus, but it's an incredible sight. I would highly recommend a visit if you've never been.

I think I'll go to Syracuse this year if my schedule allows it. Gotta check the new ACC additions off the list.

I need to do this trip too but two trips to NY may be too much for me in one calendar year.

I've got Louisville, Pitt and Cuse left to hit for road trips. I've got time since I can't complete the trip to Pitt for another 11 years.

I'll be going to Boston College and Army. Never been to West Point so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Good venue away games are a blast! Plus you usually get to know more deacon fans since there's not many of you and you get to meet quite a few usually. All service academies are great venues plus Nebraska, Michigan and Mississippi stand out plus a few of the bowl games (Orange, Seattle, Hawaii).

With that said the Army game is our away pick this year. Spending several days this time to visit West Point ahead of time plus staying in Hyde Park, NY where the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) is and intend to eat a meal or three there in the campus setting right on the Hudson. FDR and Vanderbuilt estates near by and then Sunday is the air show at the Rhinebeck Aerodrome. Pretty country up there to do some driving. Arrive early for Army game as they have a parade review three hours before the game according to their site.

Worked in NYC for a few years so the city holds less interest for me. Flying out of Raleigh and Newark for some really low $200+ fares.

Going to BC and Army. If you walk over to the upper deck of the Army side (Wake seats us right behind the Deacs), you can see all the way down to the hudson river. Security is tight, they check your car at the gate, have shuttle buses to the stadium (take them, it's a steep trek) The museum is just outside the gate into WP. In Boston the T line ends at the bottom of chestnut hill. They stop running at 1:00 am. Parking is a nightmare.

Army is always fun. Also going to Clemson. Fans are relatively nice and you just can't beat that entrance at The 1/2 Rock.

My last Clemson game was in '07. It would be nice to go back and see "Howard's Pebble".

Unfortunately, we're not at UVA this year. When we are, Cville is a nice place to travel to, plenty of nice restaurants and bars, and UVA fans tend not to be violent or in your face. The best visiting fans who come here are Clemson and FSU - they come in good #s, cheer hard and are polite. Worst fan base that has visited here in recent years is Penn St. Hope that they never come to Winston.

Really enjoyed going to Charlottesville last year. The game was ugly, but the win was nice, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

Back