• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Search firms for Coaches and ADs

I actually know her. Parker ran a search for a dean position at my university and I was on the search committee. We primarily worked with her lead associate, the black woman around the 1:10 mark.

'"Athletic directors have changed," Wilder said. "They're lawyers or CPAs or MBAs. The way they run their department is very different. The concept of having that list in your pocket and being able to go one, two, three, four down that list just doesn't exist anymore."'

Wanna bet?

'"Athletic directors have changed," Wilder said. "They're lawyers or CPAs or MBAs. The way they run their department is very different. The concept of having that list in your pocket and being able to go one, two, three, four down that list just doesn't exist anymore."'

Wanna bet?

In Ron we trust.

The real meat, though, is the database, a veritable treasure trove of information. The profiles of more than 1,000 basketball coaches and 2,000 football coaches are a click away.

Plunkett and two interns constantly feed the beast, uploading media links and videos, as well as updating schedules and contract information.

can you imagine what bzz's database entry looks like? the record... the interview and post game links. he would be removed from any normal search by the database itself.

can you imagine what bzz's database entry looks like? the record... the interview and post game links. he would be removed from any normal search by the database itself.

Hopefully, for Bz's sake, the database accepts NULL values.

Reactions: TBR
In all seriousness, we should contact these firms and request information packets of services offered to the WF administration. You know, so they can toss it in their recycle bins unopened.

Ronnie - "No I will not be using a search committee."
BOT - "Why not."
Ronnie - "I don't trust them. I called Parker and asked for their information on Jeff [Redacted] and after a moment of silence they laughed. I was not kidding."
BOT - "What did they say?"
Ronnie - "They said they could not in good conscience recommend him. He is one of the best coaches in the country. Pat Riley LOVES HIM. IDIOTS."

Must be nice to be able to outsource one of your most important job responsibilities and keep your high paying job.

Must be nice to be able to outsource one of your most important job responsibilities and keep your high paying job.

It may be different for coaching searches but in our dean search, we still did a lot in terms of developing criteria, narrowing the pool, and interviewing candidates to make final recommendations to the Provost

There is no question in my mind when the time comes a university committee should get the feedback of a search firm.

Yep. No question Parker has a far better sense of the coaching market than one AD.

There is no question in my mind when the time comes a university committee should get the feedback of a search firm.

I definitely agree. In fact, I would also like a search firm to do even more of Wellman's job and make a recommendation on retaining Bz, or even Wellman himself.

I'm just jealous that some folks get to outsource their job. It's just crazy. Next thing you'll tell me is that college professors don't teach their classes - they get other students to do it for them... oh wait.

This seems to be the direction that the hiring process is going, hope we will keep pace in the near future.

The search firm helps with the search. They don't make the decision. If you're interested, I can breakdown my experience working with Parker and what I know about how they do coaching searches.

I realize they don't hire but they do provide a list of candidates based on the institutions want list etc,

Back