• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football practice report

Here are some photos from today:

First Fall Practice 2013

Tanner%20Price%2001-L.jpg

Coach%20Heimbauch%2002-L.jpg

Michael%20Campanaro-L.jpg

Pat%20Long%20%26%20Tyler%20Cameron-L.jpg

Dezmond%20Worth%20%26%20Tyler%20Cameron%20take%20a%20break-L.jpg

Michael%20Campanaro%2003-L.jpg

Coach%20Stubblefield%20%26%20S%20Ragland-L.jpg

Josh%20Okonye-L.jpg

Nikita%20Whitlock-L.jpg

Anthony%20Wooding%20Jr-L.jpg

Tyler%20Cameron-L.jpg

Michael%20Radford-L.jpg

I'm intrigued by the camera on Price's helmet. That is new to me. Cool way to check his reads I guess.

I'm intrigued by the camera on Price's helmet. That is new to me. Cool way to check his reads I guess.

I think it's going to be a piece they do on the website.

There wasn't a lot to really report on to be honest.

Everybody was excited and enthusiastic because it was the first day of practice.

I had three observational thoughts while watching though:

1. Coach Grobe has lost weight. He was also very active today and more hands-on than I have ever seen him before. He was running with players between drills and actually working with players. That was nice to see.

2. I could be wrong, but it looked liked RS freshman Ryan Janvion was one of the two starting safeties. He also looked awesome out there and had a great interception. It was (L to R), KJ, AJ, RJ and Bud.

3. Orville was practicing with the 2nd team as the RB, so for now it appears that he is the backup running back.

Not happy with Orville as the #2. How did the rs freshman rb look or any of the freshman?

Orville is a damn fine RB with a good Oline. That won't be the case this year.

I would prefer that Camp would wear only a red jersey

I look for Domonique Gibson to emerge as the 1st string tailback.

Did Coach Grobe do some drills with the RBs during practice?

I look for Domonique Gibson to emerge as the 1st string tailback.

You have been high on this young Deac at this 'new' position for some time - will be interesting to follow what happens.

You have been high on this young Deac at this 'new' position for some time - will be interesting to follow what happens.

Well, any rep I have comes from calling guys out early. This staff sided up and moved Whitlock from LB to his natural position -- Domonique would have been an outstanding safety. Any Dwarf could can watch the obvious in his film. He has the all important balance-gene and is about 212 pounds of leg strength. This is a kid who breaks tackles. We have missed that. We have seen plenty of speed but precious little bounce and 2nd effort runs. We need this with our line.

Well, any rep I have comes from calling guys out early. This staff sided up and moved Whitlock from LB to his natural position -- Domonique would have been an outstanding safety. Any Dwarf could can watch the obvious in his film. He has the all important balance-gene and is about 212 pounds of leg strength. This is a kid who breaks tackles. We have missed that. We have seen plenty of speed but precious little bounce and 2nd effort runs. We need this with our line.

Lectro, when you are over by the wall watching (stalking) 18 year old boys run around, do you ever get a Sandusky like tingle in your crotch?

Lectro, when you are over by the wall watching (stalking) 18 year old boys run around, do you ever get a Sandusky like tingle in your crotch?

Absolutely...as I was explaining to you last night, while BBD was pounding your ass into butter, "scouting is scout-tingling".

Last edited:
I'd be pretty surprised if Gibson is the starter when all the dust settles.

Sans Jroc I think Martin is the most dynamic guy we have. I think Orville is the fastest by far but I don't think we have the O-line to protect him (or really anyone).

Looks like Michael Radford must have qualified after all.

hopefully Sherman was being told to hold on to the fucking ball.

There is no question about Radford's academic aptitude, but the NCAA had a question about the classfication of his core classes at his HS.

Back