• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presbyterian Team Preview

The good news is everybody is back- the bad news is everybody is back......

The Presbyterian Blue Hose (FCS), enter the 2013-2014 football campaign coming off of a 2-9 record last year overall, including an 0-6 record in the Big South. Its head coach is Harold Nichols, a 1990 graduate of Presbyterian, who holds a record of 8-25 in three years. The Blue Hose lost its last six games of the year by a combined score of 266-74 (an average of 44-12).

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

Coach Nichol's record is truly Bzdelian.

Shouldn't we win this game by about 50-0????

Grobe isn't going to open up the playbook too much in this one I wouldn't think. Big game eight days later against BC and playing an entirely overmatched team. I think it's something like 31-0 at the half and we shut it down in the second half, maybe we score more than 38 depending on defensive touchdowns.

We should have 30+ by half and our defense should have a shut-out. Unless we give up some fluky points on a turn-over or blocked kick, if our defense is as good as hoped for, we should shut them down offensively.

We play this game every season.

We say the same stuff every season - we won't open the play book, but we'll run all over them, they won't be able to move on our defense, our lines will be too strong... We'll score north of thirty and give up less than ten, maybe give up some late points with our third string D.

And then it doesn't happen.

23 - 21 Wake builds a lead then shits the bed in the second half - barely holding on for a two point win.

We should. History says we won't.

We say the same stuff every season - we won't open the play book, but we'll run all over them, they won't be able to move on our defense, our lines will be too strong... We'll score north of thirty and give up less than ten, maybe give up some late points with our third string D.

What history says we won't?

The last time we played Presbyterian we beat them 53-13, I feel like a lot of us only try to remember the bad things when it comes to stuff like this. We had a bad game last year against Liberty, but we have nearly always taken care of FCS teams under Grobe:

2012: 20-17 (Liberty)
2011: 48-5 (G-W)
2010: 53-13 (Presby)
2009: 35-7 (Elon)
2006: 34-14 (Liberty)
2004: 42-3 (NC A&T)
2001: 20-10 (App State)

Jim Grobe has coached 7 games against FCS opponents and has out-scored them 252-69 (36-10 on average).

What "history" are you referring to in these posts VA? You are simply incorrect and there is no way around it. Are you just trying to make yourself feel worse about the team? It makes no sense.

There's a lot of fool's gold on that list, and we knew it as it was happening.

That's not what you said though and you know it. You weren't talking about what the game meant as far as season results, you were talking about how "history" shows that we don't play well against FCS teams and it's just not right. I'm quoting your posts below, and it says nothing about the season overall, but rather the individual games.

We should. History says we won't.

I'm not saying what we do in these type of games is a good indicator of how we perform on the year, I am just saying that we almost always TCOB in these games (6/7=83.3%).

The question was asked about winning 50-0. The history doesn't show a single 50-0 game.

Back