• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why I don't respect this board

3q99o0.jpg

You do realize that the sarcasm on that thread is about the "legend of Daniel Green" created by Bzzz and his apologists and not anything against Daniel himself?

You do realize that the sarcasm on that thread is about the "legend of Daniel Green" created by Bzzz and his apologists and not anything against Daniel himself?

While I don't agree with a thread being started about this, I'll repeat that this "legend of Daniel Green" is a pretty big strawman that people have jumped all over for whatever reason. There really has been very little talk from people about Daniel Green being a beast. People said he had gained weight and muscle and looked pretty decent last year in the Pro-Am and a few people took that as their cue to make it out like people were saying he was gonna be Shaq.

While I don't agree with a thread being started about this, I'll repeat that this "legend of Daniel Green" is a pretty big strawman that people have jumped all over for whatever reason. There really has been very little talk from people about Daniel Green being a beast. People said he had gained weight and muscle and looked pretty decent last year in the Pro-Am and a few people took that as their cue to make it out like people were saying he was gonna be Shaq.

ETA: I think the major thing people have jumped on were the comments made about him getting a decent amount of playing time and probably helping us out inside, which again certain posters took as being ridiculous that this notion should even be entertained.

Bzzz mentioned several times last year what a big loss not having Green was as one of the stock excuses. A guy who averaged 1 PPG the year before and was behind DeRosiers

Like most sarcasm, has it been overplayed? Well, yea, that is pretty much the point.

Last edited:
Bzzz mentioned several times last year what a big loss not having Green was as one of the stock excuses.

I don't recall this being the case, other than saying that we were missing out on depth inside which is also 100% accurate.

best way to let a "terrible" thread die is to respond to it and start your own thread to discuss the terrible thread.

well done, sir. you have [Redacted]'d your own cause.

I just love how many of you can't stand some of the same medicine you serve up. Deny all you want. Many of you have shown how small you really are by making fun of a student athlete who is trying all he can to help his team. And no, I'm not a family member.

I don't have sympathy with starting a thread of this nature. However, I do not recall anyone mentioning Green as the reason for our failures, not anyone on the staff.

Shit I accidentally pos'd him. Someone want to help me out here.

I just love how many of you can't stand some of the same medicine you serve up. Deny all you want. Many of you have shown how small you really are by making fun of a student athlete who is trying all he can to help his team. And no, I'm not a family member.

What medicine do you think you are serving up? You aren't nearly as clever as you seem to think you are.

Hey DV7, check out my post on the $400 million lottery thread. You will particularly enjoy how I chose to spend my cash.

I don't have sympathy with starting a thread of this nature. However, I do not recall anyone mentioning Green as the reason for our failures, not anyone on the staff.

No, but people did say that his loss was a massive hit to our chances last year. It would have been like having Green instead of Cavanaugh. Neither will provide much to help the team win, having both won't do much either. They are Deacs, so yayyyy! to them and all, but the fact remains that neither player is good enough to be on an ACC team. I hope they do well, but you are kidding yourself if you think either will ever be a productive player at the ACC level.

So the jokes were just making fun of the people thinking that a player with basically walk-on ACC talent was any sort of loss to the team last season aside from 5 more fouls to give and hustle. But, "the crowd loves a trier" as a great coach once said.

Back