• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do other coaches think of Buzz?

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
This is from 16hockey on TOB...

"As many of you know I am a VP at a lower level D-1 school. Just spoke to one of our Asst. Coaches who ran into Bz on the recruiting trail { Devin Mitchell et. al. in Ga }. While my coach was very hesitant to give his own opinion he relayed a conversation to me he was joined in on between two prominent D-1 Coaches discussing how easy it was to recruit against Wake and the no one could quite figure Bz out personality-wise. He just didn't 'converse like one of the guys' . This all was told to me ONLY b/c said Asst Coach has seen my Wake stuff in my office and not in the least prodded by me. Makes you want to puke."

It is unbelieveable how incompetent our administration has become.

Last edited:
They all should like him. He doesn't beat them on the floor or on the recruiting trail.

Heard something similar from a lower level D1 assistant coach a year ago at this time. He was hesitant to say anything about him, but I got him to spill the beans. Buzz sucks.

Let's see if I get it.....Bzzz is a personality-less dickhead. Got it, and it's not news.

Dude, Ron Wellman is the only person in the world who's smart enough to see Bz's genius and magnetic personality. Just ask him.

Dude, Ron Wellman is the only person in the world who's smart enough to see Bz's genius and magnetic personality. Just ask him.

This. And it's the most depressing part of all.

Wake sells itself. Buzz doesn't sell Wake. Any recruiting coup he pulls off would be in spite of him and not because of him. Granted, he has yet to pull off what I'd call a recruiting coup.

Wake sells itself. Buzz doesn't sell Wake. Any recruiting coup he pulls off would be in spite of him and not because of him. Granted, he has yet to pull off what I'd call a recruiting coup.

Best recruiting "coup" to date is Moto. Beat out UCLA, Florida, Miami, Vandy, VT.

And wasn't Moto's HS coach former Wake walk-on legend Jim Fitzpatrick?

I'd pay some good money to overhear Jeff introducing himself to a potential recruit for the first time.

So Bz needed an "in" to pull off the one recruiting coup he's pulled off.

Also, Fitz was the best player in my Beginning Tennis class. Being so, he got paired with the least athletic girl in the class, but he was really nice about it and was still a handful even though he was basically playing singles. Ervin Murray was decent. Antwan Scott was just loud and damn hilarious (and it's hard to hit a lob over a 6-8 pogo stick).

Best recruiting "coup" to date is Moto. Beat out UCLA, Florida, Miami, Vandy, VT.

I'm sure UCLA, Fla., Miami, VT, and Vandy have gotten over losing Buzz's best "coup." But it looks like his recruiting going forward is looking great!:rofl:

This is from 16hockey on TOB...

"As many of you know I am a VP at a lower level D-1 school. Just spoke to one of our Asst. Coaches who ran into Bz on the recruiting trail { Devin Mitchell et. al. in Ga }. While my coach was very hesitant to give his own opinion he relayed a conversation to me he was joined in on between two prominent D-1 Coaches discussing how easy it was to recruit against Wake and the no one could quite figure Bz out personality-wise. He just didn't 'converse like one of the guys' . This all was told to me ONLY b/c said Asst Coach has seen my Wake stuff in my office and not in the least prodded by me. Makes you want to puke."

It is unbelieveable how incompetent our administration has become.

Wow - that is really surprising to hear, said no one.

Back