• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tressel to sit for 5 games

NukeLaLoosh

Reaction score
Saw this get a mention on the Pit threads, so I thought I'd move it over here. The sweatervest has taken his suspension to 5 games, the same as the players involved in the memorabilia for ink scandal. I'm biased against OSU but have always held kind of a begrudging respect for Tressel (Kicking Clarett off the team, suspending Troy Smith), but it looks like he's nervously trying to backpedal himself into whatever OSU anticipates the NCAA will rule so it won't be a shock when a ruling gets handed down. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6230308

Yesterday on FM 101.1, Rich Brenner said he knows Tressel and that he firmly believes that Tressel was pressured by the NCAA to allow the player to play in the bowl game due to a fear of lost revenue.

I have no doubt the NCAA is capable of reverse back-stabbery, but it still leaves JT on the hook for letting them play the rest of the regular season, where I'm sure he was under pressure (from either himself/the AD) to keep the situation hush-hush.

NCAA enforcement is such a joke. They're total hardasses and think nothing of screwing over a kid for the most minor of things- unless there's big money at stake.

Back