• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Athletics DEVELOPING CHAMPIONS...

deacsrus

Reaction score
Received this today in the mail along with football season tickets as I'm sure a lot of you did. This is the 2012-13 year in review put out by the Athletic Dep't. with an intro from the Emperor. In the first four pages it highlights the accomplishment of each sport and highlights our finish in the ACC as follows: Football(4th in Atlantic Division), Men's Soccer (3rd ACC), Women's Soccer (T-2nd ACC), Volleyball (10th ACC), Field Hockey (5th ACC)(only six teams participate), Men's Basketball(T-9thACC), Women's Basketball(T-9th ACC), Men's Golf (8th ACC), Baseball (10th ACC), Men's Tennis (3rd ACC), Women's Tennis(T-10th ACC). I'm not sure I would want to even send this out as it could be used against us in recruiting. Am I off base? Are we on the way to becoming a soccer school?

Not a single Champion in that list...

I thought the charts outlining the % of scholarship money given through donations was interesting. Not sure if it's online anywhere though. Spoiler alert: we are covering 10% less scholarship $ as compared to 2009 (I think that's right). Partly attributable to rising tuition prices, but not all.

I thought the charts outlining the % of scholarship money given through donations was interesting. Not sure if it's online anywhere though. Spoiler alert: we are covering 10% less scholarship $ as compared to 2009 (I think that's right). Partly attributable to rising tuition prices, but not all.

I saw that too. There was a 3% increase in giving to the DC, but you know who's doing the books.

LOL.

2lc1g1f.jpg

Feel free to point out the Championship in this list: Football(4th in Atlantic Division), Men's Soccer (3rd ACC), Women's Soccer (T-2nd ACC), Volleyball (10th ACC), Field Hockey (5th ACC)(only six teams participate), Men's Basketball(T-9thACC), Women's Basketball(T-9th ACC), Men's Golf (8th ACC), Baseball (10th ACC), Men's Tennis (3rd ACC), Women's Tennis(T-10th ACC)

LOL.

2lc1g1f.jpg

Feel free to point out the Championship in this list: Football(4th in Atlantic Division), Men's Soccer (3rd ACC), Women's Soccer (T-2nd ACC), Volleyball (10th ACC), Field Hockey (5th ACC)(only six teams participate), Men's Basketball(T-9thACC), Women's Basketball(T-9th ACC), Men's Golf (8th ACC), Baseball (10th ACC), Men's Tennis (3rd ACC), Women's Tennis(T-10th ACC)

That's an awesome rep.

I already threw mine in the trash, but in the opening page Wellman did say that the overall results on the courts/fields were not satisfactory. I don't recall his exact words, but coming from Mr. Denial it was semi-refreshing.

I already threw mine in the trash, but in the opening page Wellman did say that the overall results on the courts/fields were not satisfactory. I don't recall his exact words, but coming from Mr. Denial it was semi-refreshing.

But he has not done ONE DAMN THING toward resolving the problem(s) and that's why he's lost the majority of his fan base. I'm really starting to have serious concern that Hatch has lost all control of this department and perhaps others.

Who the fuck is Strizzy?

The best damn Wake Forest fan the world will ever know!

(...and writer of pissy PM's filled with tons of really bad assumptions and accusations.)

Admittedly, until I was contacted by this fine gentleman, I had no idea that I was the reason Wake Forest sports suck. Now that I'm aware, I'm staying up all night to figure out what I can do to remedy the situation.

Last edited:
The best damn Wake Forest fan the world will ever know!

(...and writer of pissy PM's filled with tons of really bad assumptions and accusations.)

Admittedly, until I was contacted by this fine gentleman, I had no idea that I was the reason Wake Forest sports suck. Now that I'm aware, I'm staying up all night to figure out what I can do to remedy the situation.

LOCK AND DELETE RACER!!!!!!!!

Good job, good effort

the women of volleyball securing 10th place in the conference is more than I've accomplished in my entire life?

Fuck [Redacted]- I want a billboard for #RACEROUT. Holy shit this whole thing is your fault fucko. I'm sending lectro to kick your ass.

Fuck [Redacted]- I want a billboard for #RACEROUT. Holy shit this whole thing is your fault fucko. I'm sending lectro to kick your ass.

It seems Strizzy wasn't to meet me in "real life" too so that I can apologize to him for my insults to Wake Forest athletics. :thumbsup:

Back