• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2002 USMNT Terribad Photo Shoot - Grantland Article

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9529241/usmnt-new-york-s-magazine-greatest-photo-shoot-history

grant_nyt_mv03_468.jpg

But it's got something, this water fountain. It's got charisma. Try as you might, you can't tear your eyes away. It's like a great wrestling heel, or the villain in a melodrama. It knows it matters, and it knows how much. This water fountain looks at not just Landon Donovan, but all of U.S. soccer in 2002, and sees nothing but a bunch of regular dudes wearing asinine clothing in ridiculous poses. Where did it get that idea? Doesn't matter. What matters is that this water fountain has a drive-time talk radio host on speed dial. And it calls.

This water fountain is everything American soccer has been fighting against for 50 years.

grant_nyt_mv02_468.jpg

Corrected caption: "Why, hello there. I was just stretchin'. Just stretchin' out my body here on this fence. Like my outfit? It cost $750 at Barneys. It's not so bad for stretchin' in. It's OK. Could be better. This chain-link fence is my main stretchin' spot. I like the way the chain links feel on my hands. Not sure if you noticed this, but, uh, there's a pretty funny pattern on my pants."

Well, maybe some of the female board members or bbd enjoy the pics.:noidea:

Back