• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tebow Time: Brady leaves practice with knee injury

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
ESPN, start your engines.

Every heart in New England just skipped a beat.

According to multiple reports, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady just felt something in his left knee in practice, and then left the field after consulting with coach Bill Belichick.

During their joint practice with the Buccaneers, Brady grabbed his left knee, limped off, but then rejoined practice a play later. But that didn’t last long, and he ended up heading out again with a trainer.

The left is the same knee as the torn ACL that ended his 2008 season.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/14/brady-leaves-practice-looking-at-knee/

It's probably minor and he'll be back soon, but it's about to be blown up either way.

something about that New England weather... It's a direct prayer line to the big man upstairs

@funnydanny 9m
Brady's down! Brady's down! Oh good lord! That's TEBOW'S MUSIC! IT'S TIM TEBOW! NO! OH GOD! *Jim Ross' head melts like looked into the Ark'

Boston sports radio saying there's a YouTube video of the play. Anyone find it? Solder was pushed into Brady's lower leg from a Bucs rusher. Nate's a big boy. Shit.

Best news I've heard in a long time. Not so much about Tebow, we should talk more about the part where Tom Brady is hurt.

Which entity should you direct your prayers towards if you want Brady to be OK? God is on Tebow's side, right?

Much as I hate Brady and the Patriots (Jet fan here) I hope he's not seriously hurt. Just hate to see guys go down particularly in pre season.

Reports are the MRI is negative and and Brady will be day to day, some reports even indicate he will practice Thursday.

I'd be very surprised if Mallett didn't play ahead of Tebow

Tebow isn't the backup. People understand this, right?

Tebow isn't the backup. People understand this, right?
Seriously. Tebow will never see the field in a Patriots uniform. Period. If Brady and Mallett went down, the Patriots would probably look externally for a QB. There's a chance Tebow doesn't even make the team. There is some speculation that the Patriots will just roll with 2 QBs and fill that vacant spot with another pass rusher or a 5th running back (Brandon Bolden).

Glad to hear Tom's OK.

Last edited:
Back