• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Solheim Cup

Buttermaker

Reaction score
Anyone else watching on this rainy Saturday? Interesting course SE of Denver. I love the enthusiasm in US v Europe match play events.

This has been good; enjoyed watching it. Time however to switch to Yankees v. Sox

Just got in and will watch some. However, I'm sad that Mel Reid and Sandra Gal shan't be participating. Guess I'll settle for watching Azahara Munoz.

They really need to start doing the equivalent of the Presidents Cup in women's golf. Essentially the US v. South Korea. We'd get frickin' crushed.

Lexi Thompson is one of the worst putters I've ever seen for an elite golfer.

I don't understand how reasonable people can watch this, and events like the Ryder Cup, and conclude that golf in the Olympics should be played as an individual sport and not a team event.

If I ever get in a bar fight I want Hedwall to have my back. That dude is built like a fire hydrant.

Wow the Europeans swept the afternoon matches and are up 10 1/2 to 5 1/2. Didn't see that coming. Anyone know how many points are up for grab tomorrow?

Lexi Thompson is one of the worst putters I've ever seen for an elite golfer.

And her chipping was as underwhelming as her putting. I hadn't realized Lee Westwood had died and was reincarnated as an American teenage girl. She's great for the sport and all, but unless she can improve her short game, she'll be in danger of becoming another Michelle Wie.

Speaking of Wie, nice job going to the next tee with Korda while your competitors haven't finished the hole. Got what they deserved. OTOH, that may have been the first putt over 3' she's hit in 5 years, so you can understand her excitement. Also, that fiasco on the par 5 over Kerr's and Recari's drives was ugly on both sides. The officials needed to just make a decision and not let that go on for 30 minutes.

I gotta say, even though I get extremely jingoistic in the Ryder Cup, I don't get the same way here. The Euros are underdogs, and they come across as a lot more likeable than some of the US players (and coaches). And though I miss Mel Reid, Ewart Shadoff seems like a cool cutie.

One of my Dad's good friends is a member at that club. Dad has played the course 5 or 6 times and says it is really, really tough.

I don't understand how reasonable people can watch this, and events like the Ryder Cup, and conclude that golf in the Olympics should be played as an individual sport and not a team event.

The Olympics aren't run by reasonable people.

And though I miss Mel Reid, Ewart Shadoff seems like a cool cutie.

No Reid, but at least Christina Kim isn't there.

Lang went to the 2nd tee while Munoz had a 5 footer for par to halve. Smh.

Didn't realize Gerina Piller was a Big Breaker too. Look forward to seeing this year's champ Taylor Collins on the team in 2017.

It's a shame Lewis is struggling so much this week, though she at least just drew even. And really rooting hard for Salas - she has a great story, and Petterson is the closest thing the women have to Poulter. Also rooting for their 17 year old to keep kicking Creamer's ass.

Piller's got it goin on. LPGA would love to see her on more leader boards.

10 to 1 says Hedwall celebrates by chugging a few pitchers of beer and arm wrestling the caddies.

Back