• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

30+ Years Following Wake Basketball...

deacsrus

Reaction score
and I have never seen such a weak non-conference home schedule: Colgate,VMI, Prebyterian, Jacksonville, The Citadel, Tulane, Richmond, St. Bonaventure, and UNCG. Other than Richmond, these are teams we would beat by 30+ points. Are we now wanting wins that badly that we would schedule all these cupcakes? Does anyone in any era remember such a pitiful schedule?

Absolutely pathetic. Makes me sad that we're so afraid of failure that we're willing to diminish our RPI to the point of embarrassment. We were taught to strive for excellence at students, but our Athletics Dept is allowed to spoon-feed us mediocrity indefinitely?

I'm so sick of this BS.

It's a last ditch effort by Ronald to continue to decieve what little support he and the Buzz have left. If Wake wins 17 or 18 games they will claim further progressive "improvement" and Braces/Swabber/Jason will proclaim victory and pat themselves on the back for being loyal sheep to all things Black and Gold.

Remember the scene in Rocky III when Mickey tells Rock he's gotten soft and Rocky tells Micks "I've had 10 titles defenses" and Mickey admits that those opponents were "hand picked?" I hate to compare the characters of Rocky and Mickey to Wellman and [Redacted], but that is basically what this boils down to, Wellman hand picked these home opponents for Bzzz, so we will have a very good chance at going undefeated non-conference at home this season and then Wellman can proclaim how Bzzz led us to an undefeated non-conf season at home. That is truly an embarrassment of a home schedule, at minimum we should always have one home game vs. a power conference team.

But as was stated in a previous thread, when we lose to a few of them, it will turn the pressure up even more.

Thirty plus years of following WFU basketball and I have never seen _____________________.
Lots of possibilities there. None of them positive.

We lost to Stetson and the dude is still here. Stetson. There is no pressure, and there will not be any pressure.

Thirty plus years of following WFU basketball and I have never seen _____________________.
Lots of possibilities there. None of them positive.

such bad ties
so few televised games
so many OOC losses
such a low RPI
such a long postseason drought
such a smug AD
such empty student sections
such quiet fans
a billboard calling for the firing of a coach/athletic director

Really sad to see us go the cupcake route. What's even sadder is that two of our "cupcakes" - Richmond and St. Bonnies - finished with higher KenPom ratings than us.

dog-shit.jpg

That schedule is awesome I don't know what you are talking about. When you can get the 270, 284, 335, 285, 332, 146, 83, 118, and 279th kenpom rankings to come play you at home you have to do it. With an average ranking of 237 we are going to see some high quality basketball, lets rock the Joel!!!

That schedule is awesome I don't know what you are talking about. When you can get the 270, 284, 335, 285, 332, 146, 83, 118, and 279th kenpom rankings to come play you at home you have to do it. With an average ranking of 237 we are going to see some high quality basketball, lets rock the Joel!!!

It will give new meaning to the phrase: "Plenty of good seats left."

Welcome to Ron's new normal for Wake basketball. He's got to prepare everybody for that eventual shift to the exciting Southern Conference.

Back