• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Effects on Talent for College Football

Snyder is a good coach but I wonder if his stats are skewed by the fact that they take JuCo's quite regularly. Let's just say these guys are questionable academically.

I mean there's Wake questionable and then there's college questionable.

The guys Kansas State is taking are high school questionable.

Guys.... it's all good. We got lobo.

Snyder is a good coach but I wonder if his stats are skewed by the fact that they take JuCo's quite regularly. Let's just say these guys are questionable academically.

Another angle of the JUCO thing is that he's regularly bringing in players with two years of football at a level that's > HS. I imagine that's an advantage.

Many state schools take jucos. That is no big deal. Many state schools also take regular kids from community colleges with regularity. We need to get past some of this academic junk if we want to win football games or else go down a level and compete. Then see how much we can charge for tuition and see how much money the DC can raise to compensate for the loss of revenue of not being in the ACC. Let our professors get all in a huff because of how much they get charged for their on campus parking fees. Let our professors know that about half of their salary levels is because of the notoriety of being in the ACC & not the Southern.

I wonder what Grobe would have done with a shot at Ohio State or Penn State and the treasure trove of their recruiting base. We'll never know. He's a great coach trapped in a small school world. But I believe he is happy in his skin and that is all that matters.

Many state schools take jucos. That is no big deal. Many state schools also take regular kids from community colleges with regularity. We need to get past some of this academic junk if we want to win football games or else go down a level and compete. Then see how much we can charge for tuition and see how much money the DC can raise to compensate for the loss of revenue of not being in the ACC. Let our professors get all in a huff because of how much they get charged for their on campus parking fees. Let our professors know that about half of their salary levels is because of the notoriety of being in the ACC & not the Southern.

Davidson charges as much as Wake. Emory charges a little more than Wake. MIT charges a lot more. I suspect there is a negative correlation between tuition and football success.

Last edited:

Stanford and Notre Dame say, "hi." I just say, "bullshit."

Funny, that could've been a reply to either the Reff's or Neuro's posts

Funny, that could've been a reply to either the Reff's or Neuro's posts

Haha, true. Although I doubt that Stanford and ND (or the occasional WFU, Vandy or NW) would negate the correlation between the large contingent of relatively cheap state schools that are good at football and the equally large contingent of expensive private schools that are bad at (or have no) football.

Davidson charges as much as Wake. Emory charges a little more than Wake. MIT charges a lot more. I suspect there is a negative correlation between tuition and football success.

Wake's tuition is $2,000 more per academic year than MIT.

Just so Reff knows, notorious means "widely and unfavorably known: a notorious gambler. Synonyms: infamous, egregious, outrageous, arrant, flagrant, disreputable. Commonly confused with famous."

Pet peeve of mine.

Back