• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Ranked #2 ... In Football Promotional Posters

ChaosDeac

Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-the-top-50-by-team-schedule-posters/page/50
WakeForest_display_image.jpg

School Spirit: Love the "WAKE THE DEMONS" front and center, and the mascot reflection on the helmet visor is a nice touch. 9/10Schedule: The logos of their opponents are clear and pop with color. However, the dates are a little small and hard to see. 8/10
Photo Quality: The reflection in the visor is well done and the picture is crisp and clear. 9/10
Creativity: Kudos for the players and mascot reflection in the visor. 9/10
Awesomeness: Whether or not you're a Wake Forest fan, you can't go wrong with this poster hanging on your wall. 9/10
Overall: 44/50

SIDE NOTE:
Wake also made this year's creepiest/strangest mascots list. Don't have the link to the video and the guy is obviously wrong but whatever. So these are two pretty huge honors and distinctions that Wellman can put in the next Gold Rush to indicate Wake's rise back to national prominence.

I think it's a pretty legit poster and the marketing department has definitely impressed me lately (see basketball season ticket package) but let's be clear about something.

This is from the BleacherReport. It just means this dude below looked at the college posters and liked ours:

2314_135091300018_9616_n_crop_150x150.jpg

Our mascot (the actual costume) is somewhat creepy. High as a kite with a bow tie glued to his chin.

Our mascot (the actual costume) is somewhat creepy. High as a kite with a bow tie glued to his chin.

There was talk of a redesigned head similar to how the Blue Devil has evolved, moving toward a more sleek and frankly less creepy head. However, I was told that would involve so many moving parts that we wouldn't see anything for a couple of years at best.

I think the poster is awesome. A UNC-grad friend of mine was just saying this past weekend how good it looked

BTW, why do they have to make it so damn hard to order a poster? The whole process still works by snail mail...you need to print out a form and mail it in with a check. Why not take it online and allow payment by credit card?

BTW, why do they have to make it so damn hard to order a poster? The whole process still works by snail mail...you need to print out a form and mail it in with a check. Why not take it online and allow payment by credit card?

you gonna put it right next to the mirror on the ceiling?

WTF?

are you 15?

You have to pay for the posters?

Meh. I don't like the "Demons" part. We have an aggravating enough time to get morons to realize "Demon" is the adjective and "Deacons" is the noun.

Go Deacon Demons.

I think it is pathetic that Wake Sports posted this on their facebook page. We suck so badly these days that we are happy about where our f'ing posters are ranked.

Back