• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True freshmen to keep an eye on

Thanks for putting this together. Don't have high expectations for the season, but excited for it to start nonetheless.

Good information. Thanks.

My youngest son is an assistant coach at Eastern Alamance, so it is particularly exciting to read about Ali Lamot.

It's a bummer that Wortham tore his achilles, I thought he was going to have a chance to make an impact at RB even as a freshman.

Good list and logic 27. Thanks for putting it together.

Didn't know about Worthams 's Achilles. Really sorry to hear that.

I would think that Weaver, at the age he is (22?) would not be very willing to take a redshirt, thus increasing his chances of playing this year. I know Hedlund has shown out but you would think in the mind of the coaches, they would think "well if he isn't going to redshirt, we might as well use him on kick offs"

Note: if he does have as strong of a leg as YouTube shows.

I would think that Weaver, at the age he is (22?) would not be very willing to take a redshirt, thus increasing his chances of playing this year. I know Hedlund has shown out but you would think in the mind of the coaches, they would think "well if he isn't going to redshirt, we might as well use him on kick offs"

Note: if he does have as strong of a leg as YouTube shows.

What is Weaver's story (i.e. why is he a 22-year old freshman)?

Don't know exactly how long the recovery period is expected, but it looks like he won't be counted on this season. At least that's what Dan Collins is reporting.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/article_3c9b5dea-0118-11e3-aea8-0019bb30f31a.html

"The anticipation of Harris’ return took the sting off the news, confirmed by the medical staff, that Dezmond Wortham has a torn Achilles tendon and will need surgery. Grobe said that Wortham, a freshman running back from Frisco, Texas, will almost certainly be redshirted this season, especially now with Harris returning."

Back