• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why so quiet on....

HONDO2

Reaction score
Noel, Martin, Ragland, Kinal, Tylor Harris, Whitlock and Looney ?

Maybe I've missed somethin' via Dan ? Is no news good news ?

Sidebar: Dan seems convinced that Javion is gonna start at SS. What happens when Wooding gets cleared ? He's by far our best DB, right ?

:noidea:

Hard to get hyped about returning players from a 37-6, 38-0, 55-21 finish.

Well you haven't heard about Looney cause he's a true freshman that probably won't see the field this year, and IF wooding gets cleared, who knows what will happen. I doubt anyone on this board knows if he is the best DB we have or not yet considering he hasn't played in a game for us yet..

Sidebar: Dan seems convinced that Javion is gonna start at SS. What happens when Wooding gets cleared ? He's by far our best DB, right ?

I doubt Wooding is better than Bud, KJ and AJ.

STEEDLOBOTZKE150_0722.JPG
3388639.jpeg

Well, we'll see if Noel can come back from the sophomore slump and the injuries he had last year. I think Martin will be solid at RB for us, felt he ran the ball harder the J-Roc last year, although it will depend on the OL. Hopefully Kinal won't get as many opportunities as last year. I think Tylor Harris will be a force up front. If Whitlock can stay healthy he should be a force too, but there will be times his size hurts him. As was stated, Looney probably won't see the field this year since we do actually have some depth on the D-line for a change. Of course there's always the chance he gets moved to O-line since that is what we seem to do with most of our bigger D-lineman for some reason.

You forgot probably our two top draft prospects for next season... Camp (project 1-2) and J Jackson (project 4-5)

On a side note, it bothers me that Kinal is considered to be one of our top players.

Jackson is projected 4th or 5th round? Camp is a possible 1st?

Interesting.

Camp is likely the best receiver wake has ever had while in college. He's going to easily go top three if not top two.

I think the secondary got a bad rep for be fact that we didnt blitz at all last year. Changing up schemes on the front will improve our secondary's performance. If the quarterback has all day to throw there's not much the corners can do about it in my opinion.

Wooding should start at SS if eligible

Last edited:
No way camp goes in the first round. Possibly a late 2nd. More likely 3rd or 4th.

Camp is likely the best receiver wake has ever had while in college. He's going to easily go top three if not top two.

I think the secondary got a bad rep for be fact that we didnt blitz at all last year. Changing up schemes on the front will improve our secondary's performance. If the quarterback has all day to throw there's not much the corners can do about it in my opinion.

Wooding should start at SS if eligible

That's debatable. He's very good, no doubt. Best? Let's have that discussion.

You forgot probably our two top draft prospects for next season... Camp (project 1-2) and J Jackson (project 4-5)

On a side note, it bothers me that Kinal is considered to be one of our top players.

Dude we are punter U. Think about it, Chuck Ramsey, Harry Newsome, Ryan Plackemeier, now Alex Kinal......... punter U. Baby!!!!!:dancindeac:

That's debatable. He's very good, no doubt. Best? Let's have that discussion.

Yeah a lot depends on his final year. I think if Givens was good enough to go in the third round that Camp should go top three as well. I mean every draft is different but I rate Camp higher than Givens and I love Chris.

Also as an aside I like Kinal but he's not a fantastic punter. Still young obviously but IIRC he was something like 90th in yards per game last year. I'm not at a computer so that may be wrong but I seem to recall him being a little sub par

I wasn't thinking of Givens or Camp as the best we've ever had.

Agree on Kinal.

I wasn't thinking of Givens or Camp as the best we've ever had.

Agree on Kinal.

I meant the Givens thing as a different talk (where Camp would get drafted).

Let me do some research on receivers to see where both Camp and Givens rank.

I think Camp and Givens would be in the Top 6 with Proehl, Clark, Davis, and Moore. I'd put Clark first, but that's personal preference for a big possession receiver and he was the best player when I was in school.

Back