• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This season

deaconnor

Reaction score
I know this doesn't come as much of anything because I don't post very often, but I think this football season is going to be really special. I feel like this team is a lot like the Orange Bowl team because of all the senior stars. We are really going to do something special this year. I'm calling ACC Championship. Not trolling, just drinking the kool-aid.
Presby- W
BC- W
LM- W
Army- W
Clemson- L
NC State- W
MD- W
Miami- W
Syracuse- W
FSU- W
Duke- W
Vandy- L
ACC Champs
Orange Bowl bound Deacs!
Hate away

Thanks for letting us know. I'll pay attention now

If we beat all those teams and then lose to Vandy ill be upset.

I'm still weighing my prediction. Between 6-6, 7-5, and 8-4

Beating FSU in November, eh? I'm not sure that's straight Kool Aid you're drinking...

After the unc game last year, I thought that Grobe had his MOJO back. After the first quarter of FSU, I saw he hadn't. The key will be BC. If we struggle (win ugly or lose) against the Eagles, it will be a long season. If we thump them, we should get 6 or 7 wins. If he has fixed the reason why this team went in the tank the last three games last year, then maybe 8 wins.

We've tanked the end of almost every season. It's a long term problem.

It's awfully lonely drinking the kool-aid vodka at the end of the bar. I need some fellow optimists over here.

It's awfully lonely drinking the kool-aid vodka at the end of the bar. I need some fellow optimists over here.

I'll be "somewhat" optimistic. If we can win at BC and then hold serve against LM, I think we can certainly have a 6-6 season.

We could potentially use some of this momentum to win against State, MD and Duke and there's your 6 win season.

However, @BC and LM are both games we can easily lose. If that happens, it's a slippery slope.

Look for another Grobe-patented 5-7 season. We will be "really really good" but play a "really really tough schedule."

Razor thin line between 5 wins and 6 wins. Comes down to starting 3-1 or 4-0 and whether or not Duke has anything to play for the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

I don't think Duke will have anything to play for. I think we benefit from playing at BC before it gets cold and we may surprise them a little on offense.

Presby- W
BC- W
LM- W
Army- W
Clemson- L
NC State- W
MD- L
Miami- L
Syracuse- L
FSU- L
Duke- W
Vandy- L

Last edited:
Razor thin line between 5 wins and 6 wins. Comes down to starting 3-1 or 4-0 and whether or not Duke has anything to play for the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

I don't think Duke will have anything to play for. I think we benefit from playing at BC before it gets cold and we may surprise them a little on offense.

Presby- W
BC- W
LM- W
Army- W
Clemson- L
NC State- W
MD- L
Miami- L
Syracuse- L
FSU- L
Duke- W
Vandy- L

BC and LM will make/break our season. Interesting that you have us losing to Maryland at home. Not sure how you see us winning at BC, home against NCSU but losing against Maryland.

BC and LM will make/break our season. Interesting that you have us losing to Maryland at home. Not sure how you see us winning at BC, home against NCSU but losing against Maryland.

Yeah. I just have a tough time seeing us winning every game but FSU at home. I think it's more likely to get up for State and lose a close let down game against Maryland.

We should not lose to Maryland. Hopefully having so many seniors will minimize drastic let downs during the season. Hopefully.

I'm feeling irrationally optimistic about this season as well. Maybe I'm just so beaten down from the basketball malaise that I'm just hoping for something positive from my Wake fandom.

If we're halfway decent, we should get 7 wins with that schedule. Any good and we're at 8 wins.

Well, I am usually optimistic prior to game #1. Recently, however, game #1 against weak opponents has proven that we will not be very good. Unless we go 4-0 this season, we won't much hope for the remainder of the season.

So, I am hoping for a blow-out in game 1 and for at least a 4 gm. winning streak. Then the latter half of the season could be truly exciting.

Back