• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CP3 elected President of the NBA Players Association

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Chris Paul elected NBA players association President.

Probably his destiny at some point. Very fitting.

Chair; NCAA Board of Directors, Chair; NCAA Tournament Selection, and now this.

Wake Forest owns the sporting world*.

*Yet, we still suck like a hoover at hoops.

CP3 is the man.

Of course some fat nerd behind his keyboard will talk about how CP3 did Wake wrong, but Chris is about the only good thing going for Wake right now.

Telep loves CP so much that he is responding to State fans on twitter:

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 13m
@cp3 don't you remember me telling you after this game in 2002 that one day you'd be Pres of the NBAPA?

Jeff pratt ‏@bear4040 11m
@DaveTelep @CP3 was that after he punched hodge in the nutts.

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 10m
@bear4040 @CP3 You mean the game when he stuck the game-winning shot on the Pack? That game?

1547ic0.jpg

Good for Chris. It shows how much he is respected around the league to get that position. Not that I have a lot of sympathy for the plight of NBA players, but it seems to me that Chris has the right mix of personality and competitiveness for the job.

I know...right???

Fisher tried to work back door agreements during the NBA lockout and then lied about it to fellow players only to have the truth come out after the deal was done. When a deal was getting close, a collection of players that I think included Paul Pierce just went around Fisher to get 'er done. Fisher had made too many promises to a collection of owners (not the NBA mind you) that he couldn't keep and therefore had no negotiating leverage or respect from the the majority of the NBA owners and league office.

That and their PA President was in with Fisher as I recall.

Fisher is a huge douche. He's like the Texas Rep born in Canada, Cruz. Impressive on first blush, disaster upon closer inspection. Can't wait for him to be the Coach of the Lakers.

Last edited:
Back