• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

POLL: Predict the wins in basketball...

How many regular season basketball games will the Buzz-led Deacs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
As I recall, last year most of us OVER-estimated Buzz's ability to win basketball games.

Have your predictive abilities improved?

Will Buzz's level of incompetence sneak up on us yet again?

The winners get to help Buzz pack. (If they have not died of old age by the time Wellman or his replacement get around to it.)

I left the poll open for 70 days. That should mean it will be open until the last day of October or the day before our first game. So if you want to wait until KenPom comes out to place your bet, I mean enter your vote; please feel free.

Last edited:
15 wins

9 out of conference, 6 in conference

One more than the number Wellman will claim at the end of the year he felt all along we needed to win to cling to the argument that we are on the road to historical competitiveness.

I predicted 12 wins on the schedule thread. While that is a realistic number we probably can get lucky here and there so I will go with 14-16 wins. Can you feel the excitement!
tumblr_m69bpowAm01qgw79jo1_500.gif

With this OOC schedule I'm going to have to mull this over.

One more than the number Wellman will claim at the end of the year he felt all along we needed to win to cling to the argument that we are on the road to historical competitiveness.

This is the accurate answer.

While realistically it will be 15-16 I picked 17-18 because I'm a pessimist...because the more games we win this year the worse it will be for the long term viability of our program.

We can go 6-12 in the ACC and still get 17 wins total. I'm at 17-18 because I cannot see us losing any home OOC games.

16 looks about right. Bz comes back fresh off a winning record.

Back