• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"ellis read this" tag thread

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It was deleted by me, the thread starter. It was intended to be a silly and good natured ribbing about a harmless tag used by ellis.

Unfortunately, it took on an ugly personal attack tone in the tags, and posts.

I unilaterally removed it because in my opinion it had taken a turn for the worse and was violating the don't be a douche rule.

No one, including ellis, asked me to remove it, and I was blasted for removing it unilaterally without discussion in the mod forum though in the end the fact I started it was the justification for me being able to remove it.

If you have any follow up questions, ask away.

Last edited:
Why are you a pretentious fuckwit when it comes to movies?

Excellent question, but I prefer the term "films." Movies are what commoners see, stuffing their common faces with greasy buttery popcorn, sugary sodas and stale goobers.

Slack jawed yokels like you appreciate a movie like Saving Private Ryan. Educated hipsters like me prefer a film like A Thin Red Line.

You're all about the summer blockbuster and I'm all about Oscar season, foreign film category included.

Because my palate, both in food and drink, is far more refined than yours.

Don't get me wrong, I love good food and like going out to nice places when I can, but sometimes a nice greasy meal from cookout/arbys is just what the doctor ordered (and is easier on teh wallet).

Don't get me wrong, I love good food and like going out to nice places when I can, but sometimes a nice greasy meal from cookout/arbys is just what the doctor ordered (and is easier on teh wallet).

These days, I mostly eat at home.

Wife is a trained chef though so that doesn't suck.

Last edited:
Back