• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Duke reaches the Final Four

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
If Duke reaches the Final Four, K will tie Bob Knight for most wins in D1. If they make the championship, he passes Knight.

Either next year ot the year after K will become the winningest mens HC. Currently Don Meyer leads with 923.

Herb Magee is at 922 and still coaching at Philadelphia College (used to be Phialdelphia Textile). Magee's team plays a much shorter schedule than Duke. If he coaches two more years, it's likely it will take K three to pass him.

Of course the overall winningest college basketball coach is Pat Summit. If I'm not mistaken she has over 1000 wins and is still going strong.

EDIT: Pat Summit has 1068 wins and is several years younger than K.

Last edited:
Sadly, when I heard Irving was coming back, I adjusted my bracket so that I now have Duke repeating. I hope that means my bracket karma will doom them to losing in the second round.

The Horns will take them out in the Sweet 16!
Rick Barnes-coached teams are just so damn unpredictable when it comes to the NCAA tournament, though. You're as likely to see Texas make it to the Elite 8 or Final 4 as you are to see them flame out against Oakland.

Sadly, when I heard Irving was coming back, I adjusted my bracket so that I now have Duke repeating. I hope that means my bracket karma will doom them to losing in the second round.

RD makes his triumphant return to the interwebs!

Back