• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drinking Tolerance

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Is it normal to lose like half of your drinking tolerance when you are in your mid-twenties? Like seriously mine has disappeared. I get buzzed and then drunk so easily now. Its kind of embarrassing.

Is it normal to lose like half of your drinking tolerance when you are in your mid-twenties? Like seriously mine has disappeared. I get buzzed and then drunk so easily now. Its kind of embarrassing.

your liver is failing

I'm 26 and can drink more than ever. I get about double as hungover the next day (plus have started getting the dreaded two day hangovers). It's a trade-off I'm willing to take.

i think i peaked around age 28. now at 30, i still drink the same amount but blackout much quicker and the hangovers feel worse. it sucks.

I'm hungover as shit today. But that's usual for a Friday. I bet you loved the music at Finnegan's last night BB

My thing is I don't like going to many places for drinks as I am totally spoiled by bartenders and owners of places I go.

One place it's basically impossible to make it though my third drink. Of course those drinks are in 5-6 oz martini glasses.

Where I'm heading off to for my late lunch, their idea of an on the rocks drink is a bucket glass with some ice and filling the glass with booze.

My thing is I don't like going to many places for drinks as I am totally spoiled by bartenders and owners of places I go.

One place it's basically impossible to make it though my third drink. Of course those drinks are in 5-6 oz martini glasses.

Where I'm heading off to for my late lunch, their idea of an on the rocks drink is a bucket glass with some ice and filling the glass with booze.

Rick, I didn't think you were much of a drinker.

Do you like side cars?

Not sure what is normal, but my tolerance improved in my mid-twenties.

this, when i started grad school it went up and peaked at 27 or 28 or so. of course going out 5 nights a week surely helped. i can't even imagine going out as much as I did back then. god i hate being old

Hangovers worse. Especially liquor hangovers. Drinking tolerance about the same now as it was my senior year at Wake.

I also have to remind myself to drink an ass load of water to minimize the hangover while I drink. If I do a glass of water every 2 or 3 drinks I'm usually good to go.

Had 18 beers last night and plenty of water. Felt fine this morning when the pup woke me up to take him out.

I also have to remind myself to drink an ass load of water to minimize the hangover while I drink. If I do a glass of water every 2 or 3 drinks I'm usually good to go.

Had 18 beers last night and plenty of water. Felt fine this morning when the pup woke me up to take him out.

still putting peanut butter on the schlong?

water is definitely key, drink a ton before going to bed/passing out and lately i'll leave a glass of ice by my bed so it melts for when i inevitably wake up in the early parts of the morning, down that and it helps minimize the morning pain

water is definitely key, drink a ton before going to bed/passing out and lately i'll leave a glass of ice by my bed so it melts for when i inevitably wake up in the early parts of the morning, down that and it helps minimize the morning pain

Very true. Do that also. Water is so amazing.

getsomeDEACinya prefers Gatorade to stop her hangovers.

Back