• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HS girl challenges Bachmann to debate about Constitution

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This is gerrat:

Dear Representative Bachmann,

My name is Amy Myers. I am a Cherry Hill, New Jersey sophomore attending Cherry Hill High School East. As a typical high school student, I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted. The frequency and scope of these comments prompted me to write this letter.

Though I am not in your home district, or even your home state, you are a United States Representative of some prominence who is subject to national media coverage. News outlets and websites across this country profile your causes and viewpoints on a regular basis. As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere. Though politically expedient, incorrect comments cast a shadow on your person and by unfortunate proxy, both your supporters and detractors alike often generalize this shadow to women as a whole.

Rep. Bachmann, the frequent inability you have shown to accurately and factually present even the most basic information about the United States led me to submit the follow challenge, pitting my public education against your advanced legal education:

I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics.

Hopefully, we will be able to meet for such an event, as it would prove to be enlightening.

Sincerely yours,
Amy Myers

I wish the Republican party had better female representation that Bachmann and Palin.

Seriously this is news? Some stupid 16 year old wrote a letter?

Yeah, listen honey your opinion doesn't matter for another two years. And to be honest it never will. Something tells me as a sitting Congressman would absolutely destroy you any kind of debate not centered around The Biebs.

Shut up, and have fun reaching second base. Although knowing your generation and the fact that you're from Jersey you probably lost your virginity at the age of 12.

Love,
Brasky

Seriously this is news? Some stupid 16 year old wrote a letter?

Yeah, listen honey your opinion doesn't matter for another two years. And to be honest it never will. Something tells me as a sitting Congressman would absolutely destroy you any kind of debate not centered around The Biebs.

Shut up, and have fun reaching second base. Although knowing your generation and the fact that you're from Jersey you probably lost your virginity at the age of 12.

Love,
Brasky

Have you seen some of the nitwits in congress?

ugh my English is lacking, but my point stands

16 year old girls can shut the fuck up

This girl is clearly more intelligent than those on Faux News regaless of their degrees. They have never challenged Bachmann's lunacy, ignorance or lies as an honest doing of their job would demand.

Depends on the girl. Some are pretty bright, and much more versed in the constitution than many congressmen.

My money would be on this kid versus ANY congressman chosen at random, regardless of poiltical party. If congressman had to pass a test on knowledge of the constitution before they could be sworn in, there'd be a whole bunch of congressional districts without representation. If you added ecomonics to the test, it would be even worse

Shorty, the point her is Bachmann uses the Consitituion in almost every speech she makes and almost every time Bachmann uses it she gets it wrong.

Yes, we have some winners in Congress. One thinks we've landed on Mars. Was that Sheila Jackson Lee?

If I were debating that girl, I would ask her the meaning of the Tenth Amendment.

I would ask her where Congress gets the right to tell schools what kinds of lunches they can serve.

Of course, she would be clueless when it came to federalism because she's been taught otherwise.

I suspect her retort to all this would be the Constitution "is what the judges say it is."

My money would be on this kid versus ANY congressman chosen at random, regardless of poiltical party. If congressman had to pass a test on knowledge of the constitution before they could be sworn in, there'd be a whole bunch of congressional districts without representation. If you added ecomonics to the test, it would be even worse

spelling prolly too ;)

Michele Bauchmann is a moron. They should do a standard IQ test for each congressman. If you are less than 115, out you go

As one of a handful of women in Congress

I count 88 women in Congress, 17 in the Senate, and 71 in the House. Guess that explains why she didn't challenge Bachmann to a math debate.

Bachmann's an idiot who should be thrown out on her can, but this letter is even dumber.

I count 88 women in Congress, 17 in the Senate, and 71 in the House. Guess that explains why she didn't challenge Bachmann to a math debate.

Bachmann's an idiot who should be thrown out on her can, but this letter is even dumber.

The 16 year-old is being a little over-zealous with her methodical use of the thesaurus, but she has some valid points.

She has valid points that:
A. Bachmann is an idiot and,
B. Bachmann doesn't know jack about the Constitution

Challenging her to a debate to prove them is asinine. Sorry, girl, but US Congressmen have better things to do than spending taxpayer money to fly around the country to meet every challenge a high school kid makes of them. If I challenged Hank Johnson to a debate on the dangers of island capsization, he would and should laugh in my face.

I'm not that big on standardized testing, but this is a seed of a great idea. If an NFL prospect has to take the Wonderlic, shouldn't our elected officials have to take some test of civics to show evidence that they should be elected to serve. And if the people want to elect an idiot, at least they know that's who they're electing.

Renee Ellmers is probably dumber than Bachmann, she just hasn't had the platform to spread her stupidity

Back