• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump not running

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
In other news, the sun will set in the west tonight.

I think you nailed this early on when you said the requirements for financial disclosure all but guaranteed this was nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Trump is king of brand management and enjoyed his few weeks of free advertising of his #1 brand - himself.

Trump is a clown. I hate that he used the Republican label to test the waters and potentially smeared the name of the party.

Trump is a clown. I hate that he used the Republican label to test the waters and potentially smeared the name of the party.

You think he smeared the brand? I think he helped it. He gave the brand a better face that the current field or Boehner/McConnell/Cantor. He'd do the party well to be out front as a cheerleader to rally the base. Same as Palin if used correctly.

The only way Palin can be used correctly at this point is to muzzle her. She has completely outlived her utility to the party. She never actually had any utility in a general.

I completely disagree. She's going to be key to getting her base to come out and vote for her choice. It could put one of them over the top in the primaries and boost Republican voter turnout in the general.

I completely disagree. She's going to be key to getting her base to come out and vote for her choice. It could put one of them over the top in the primaries and boost Republican voter turnout in the general.

Agree 100%. Arlington's politics are clearly getting in the way of his analysis on this issue.

Do you actually think she can win them a general election though? She is only really loved by the lunatic fringe. She will never get independent voters, especially at this point. I agree she can rally "her base," but I do not buy that she could ever win a general election.

Palin has many more negatives than positives. I think there's at least a 15 points spread. She hurts more than she helps.

To most of the country, Palin is an absolute joke.

Do you actually think she can win them a general election though? She is only really loved by the lunatic fringe. She will never get independent voters, especially at this point. I agree she can rally "her base," but I do not buy that she could ever win a general election.

The question was not whether she could win an election.

Arlington suggested that she was useless to her party, and others rebut that by pointing out that she has an important role in fundraising.

I thnk she would haev a net negative impact on anyone she overtly helps. The closer you are to hert, the lass chance you have to win in November.

Palin has a pretty solid base in some key states. If she can get the money and voters out, she possibly could help a Republican in the general.

I thnk she would haev a net negative impact on anyone she overtly helps. The closer you are to hert, the lass chance you have to win in November.

You grossly underestimate the stupidity of the far right lemmings in this country.

You grossly underestimate the stupidity of the far right lemmings in this country.

Seriously! A Palin/Bachmann ticket would provide plenty of threesome fantasies for Glen Beck viewers.

Back