• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Men's Soccer Spring 2011

baron52

Reaction score
The Deacs are back at it tomorrow at Spry. Anybody going to the game? If so game reports are much appreciated!!

Deacons To Face University of Windsor Saturday

The match is set for Saturday at 2 p.m. at Spry Stadium

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The Wake Forest men’s soccer team will continue its spring schedule this weekend with a match against the University of Windsor (Canada) on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Spry Stadium. Admission is free.

The match will be the Demon Deacons’ second of the spring. In their first match, the Deacs fell to the Carolina Railhawks by a 2-0 scoreline.

Following Saturday’s match, Wake Forest will next take the field on March 25 with an 8 p.m. match against High Point at Spry Stadium.

2011 Wake Forest Men’s Soccer Spring Schedule

Date
Opponent
Site
Time/Result

3/4
Carolina Railhawks
Spry
L, 0-2

3/19
Univ. of Windsor
Spry
2 p.m.

3/25
High Point
Spry
8 p.m.

4/1
Duke
Spry
8 p.m.

4/9
West Virginia
West Virginia
5 p.m.

4/16
North Carolina
Spry
7 p.m.

Have my own match at noon, but it is on the north side of town. I'll try to make it to Spry afterwards to catch as much as I can.

Glad to have you on the new boards! Welcome, sir.

They have a super sweet castle named after them in England.

Do we know anything at all about Windsor?

This is all I got...they didn't exactly burn up the boards....pass the Molson...eh:)

University of Windsor
2010 Men's Soccer Schedule

Current Record
Overall Pct. Conf Pct. Streak Home Away Neutral
6 - 6 - 8 .500 0 - 0 - 0 .000 L1 2 - 3 - 4 4 - 3 - 4 0 - 0 - 0
Date Meet Location Time/Result Details
8/20/2010 BGSU Falcons Bowling Green, OH L 0-3 Details
8/21/2010 Rio Grande Storm Rio Grande, OH W 4-0 Details
8/28/2010 Madonna Crusaders Livonia, MI W 1-0 Details
8/30/2010 Schoolcraft Alumni Field W 1-0 Details
9/4/2010 Guelph Gryphons Guelph, ON W 1-0 Details
9/5/2010 McMaster Marauders Hamilton, ON T 0-0 Details
9/11/2010 York Lions Alumni Field L 0-6 Details
9/12/2010 UOIT Ridgebacks Alumni Field T 1-1 Details
9/15/2010 Western Mustangs Alumni Field L 0-3 Details
9/19/2010 UOIT Ridgebacks Oshawa, ON T 0-0 Details
9/25/2010 Guelph Gryphons Alumni Field T 0-0 Details
9/26/2010 McMaster Marauders Alumni Field T 0-0 Details
10/2/2010 Waterloo Warriors Alumni Field T 0-0 Details
10/3/2010 Laurier Golden Hawks Alumni Field L 0-1 (forfeit) Details
10/9/2010 Laurier Golden Hawks Waterloo, ON T 0-0 Details
10/10/2010 Waterloo Warriors Waterloo, ON W 4-1 Details
10/16/2010 Brock Badgers St. Catharines, ON L 1-3 Details
10/17/2010 Brock Badgers Alumni Field W 2-0 Details
10/20/2010 Western Mustangs London, ON T 1-1 Details
10/24/2010 York Lions Toronto, ON L 0-2 Details

WE WILL CRUSH THEM :ivandrago:

Hmmm...might have to make TW do an Ivan Drago emoticon.

The Deacs dominate U of Windsor 6-1!! Any game reports out there?

Talked to a friend that went and saw the 2nd half only. Said we looked sharp with good passing, but the oppo was very poor so he said it was hard to truly judge our own team.

Good to get a W on the board in any case.

Talked to a friend that went and saw the 2nd half only. Said we looked sharp with good passing, but the oppo was very poor so he said it was hard to truly judge our own team.

Good to get a W on the board in any case.

Thanks!! Here's the official game report...I heard it was a beautiful day for a futbol game at Spry...

Lubahn’s Brace Helps Deacs Rout Windsor 6-1

Andy Lubahn scored Wake Forest’s first and final goals

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Andy Lubahn netted twice and three other Demon Deacons also scored as the Wake Forest men’s soccer team cruised past the University of Windsor (Canada) 6-1 Saturday at Spry Stadium.

The Deacs jumped out to a 3-0 lead and took a 3-1 advantage into the locker room at half time, before scoring their final three goals in the second half.

In addition to Lubahn’s brace, freshman Teddy Mullin scored for the first time as a Demon Deacon. Luciano Delbono, Danny Wenzel and Luca Gimenez were the other Wake Forest goal-scorers.

The Deacs dominated possession and had numerous other scoring chances. Doug Ryan started in net for Wake Forest and Michael Lisch came on in relief. Neither goalkeeper was forced to make a save.

Wake Forest will play its next game against High Point on March 25 at 8 p.m. at Spry Stadium.

2011 Wake Forest Men's Soccer Spring Schedule

Date
Opponent
Site
Time/Result

3/4
Carolina Railhawks
Spry
L, 0-2

3/19
Univ. of Windsor
Spry
2 p.m.

3/25
High Point
Spry
8 p.m.

4/1
Duke
Spry
8 p.m.

4/9
West Virginia
West Virginia
5 p.m.

4/16
North Carolina
Spry
7 p.m.

wakemenssoccer Wake Men's Soccer
Friday's match against High Point has been changed to a 7 p.m. kickoff. It will still be at Spry Stadium

Odds looking good. I wonder if they would let my dog in Spry? I'll say he is my chief scouting assistant!

Either way, I'll post a report when I get back. Might even take a pad and pen to jot stuff down as it strikes me. I always feel like I forget stuff that stuck out to me during the course of the match when I get home and try to replay it by memory.

Back