• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniels not running

This makes it the seven or so dwarfs.

7? At this point it looks like Ron Paul may get a seat at the big boy table by default. 3 of the top people polling either are either not running or probably aren't much longer (Gingrich, Huckabee, Trump) and another I don't think will (Palin).

Romney vs. Paul and that's about it is a real possibility right now.

7? At this point it looks like Ron Paul may get a seat at the big boy table by default. 3 of the top people polling either are either not running or probably aren't much longer (Gingrich, Huckabee, Trump) and another I don't think will (Palin).

Romney vs. Paul and that's about it is a real possibility right now.

All of the smarter candidates are sitting this one out.

2016 should be an intense race with Daniels, Christie, Ryan (is done-trying to kill Medicare ended his major future), Rubio (see if he can stay away from the far right), Jeb (not sure if eight years is enough).

I really think it'll be Hillary for the Dems.

All of the smarter candidates are sitting this one out.

A little surprising because I don't see Obama being unbeatable. Doesn't make you any less right.

My main interest is in how it benefits Ron Paul and the libertarian/third party cause, which it seems might be quite a lot.

Obama isn't "unbeatable", just not nearly as beatable as unnamed 2016 Democratic nominee.

2016 should be an intense race with Daniels, Christie, Ryan (is done-trying to kill Medicare ended his major future), Rubio (see if he can stay away from the far right), Jeb (not sure if eight years is enough).

I really think it'll be Hillary for the Dems.

& Jindal. Demint says he's retiring in 2016, maybe him.

Christie and Rubio are the ones to watch.

Hillary has missed her chance...Don't see her being elected at almost 70 years old in 2016.

No one in the GOP field yet will or could beat Obama. I still think that a high profile candidate will jump in late in the fall of this year.

Mitch Daniels is about as exciting as a lump of coal. Who cares if he stayed out. No chance in hell of winning.

Christie is the GOP's best chance. And a few more could make the primaries interesting and entertaining.

Palin's boat has sailed...and I think she knows it so I'd say she stays out too.

Chris Christie's got dibs on 2016.

I think Paul Ryan has time to move up to the Senate and run in 15 years.

Hillary has missed her chance...Don't see her being elected at almost 70 years old in 2016.

No one in the GOP field yet will or could beat Obama. I still think that a high profile candidate will jump in late in the fall of this year.

Mitch Daniels is about as exciting as a lump of coal. Who cares if he stayed out. No chance in hell of winning.

Christie is the GOP's best chance. And a few more could make the primaries interesting and entertaining.

Palin's boat has sailed...and I think she knows it so I'd say she stays out too.

You just can't jump in late any more. Not under current campaign financing rules. Anyone not in by the summer is going to find that the party money has already been allocated. It's getting pretty late game even now, financially speaking.

I just read the summary of his marriage situation over the weekend. This makes complete sense.

I just read the summary of his marriage situation over the weekend. This makes complete sense.

Plus he's ugly, boring and wouldn't have been good.

McCain was older than Hillary. Reagan was older than Hillary.

She'll step down as Secretary of State some time after the election to spend time cashing in some chits. She may stay long enough for us to draw down people from Afghanistan and if the Israeli peace process is going well. Or she might be put in charge of that.

Even if she just steps down, Obama will owe her big time.

The only person I see challenging her is Andrew Cuomo.

If she wants it, it's hers and as of now she has a huge positive rating.

Hilldabeast don't stand a chance in 2016 vs. this guy:

304670851v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

It's all about money, and Romney is so far ahead of everybody that he is almost a shoe-in at this point. I think a lot of folks are sitting out because of that.

ELC, most people have done the math. Balck+hispanic+women make Obama virutally unbeatable in 2012.

Now you add seniors becuase of Ryan and no ratioanl GOPers would run. Romney knows this is his last chance.

RJ, you're delusional man. Blacks will vote for Obama, but that's nothing new (Herman Cain on the ticket could make it more interesting though). Hispanics aren't a monolithic bloc and never have been. Seniors don't give a shit about Ryan, especially boomers, who now make up a big share of seniors and are more realistic about changes needing to be made.

If Obama is unbeatable, it's because the candidates suck. He is extremely beatable because the Reagan Democrats who went back to vote for Clinton have in large part abandoned him.

RJ, you're delusional man. Blacks will vote for Obama, but that's nothing new (Herman Cain on the ticket could make it more interesting though). Hispanics aren't a monolithic bloc and never have been. Seniors don't give a shit about Ryan, especially boomers, who now make up a big share of seniors and are more realistic about changes needing to be made.

If Obama is unbeatable, it's because the candidates suck. He is extremely beatable because the Reagan Democrats who went back to vote for Clinton have in large part abandoned him.

Hispanics are about 65-70% Dem and growing due to things like what happened in CA (years ago), AZ, GA and other places.

Seniors give a shit about Medicare and don't believe that they won't lose some.

Medicare is the #1 loved government program ever. If you think boomers expect to get what we've paid into for 30-40 years, you're the delusional one.

If Ryan is anywhere near the ticket, Obama will get 350-400 EVs.

Back